- Locations: Masaken Sheraton
- Duration: 4 Days
In this course, students will learn the basic concepts of data management within Informix. They will learn how to determine correct data types; how to create, manage, and maintain tables and indexes; how the Informix optimizer works; how to manage data; and how to use the SET EXPLAIN feature to determine query effectiveness.
This course is designed for Informix Administrators, Database Administrators, and Application Developers.
- Select the Informix data types appropriate for storing your data
- Create and maintain databases, tables, and indexes
- Estimate size and extent requirements for tables and indexes
- Create index strategies to improve performance
- Create and maintain table and index partitioning (fragmentation)
- Implement referential and entity integrity
- Manage database and table modes
- Manage violations logging
- Describe how the optimizer builds an optimal query plan
- Use the SET EXPLAIN feature to capture optimizer query plans
- Use directives and environment variables to influence the
- optimizerOptimize the query plan using UPDATE STATISTICS
- Manage end-user concurrency
- Use permissions and roles to manage data security
- Create and use views
- Manage smart large objects
- Create and manage triggers
The student should have a working knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL).
About Global Knowledge Egypt
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses