This course enables the students to acquire the skills necessary to prepare for installing and leveraging the new function of IBM i 7.1 on POWER5, POWER6 and POWER7 hardware.
The emphasis is on the hardware and software components introduced during the February and April 2010 announcements of the POWER7 hardware and IBM i 7.1.
This course provides lectures and hands on labs in a face-to-face classroom setting. The course is also offered in a live virtual classroom
environment (ILO - Instructor Led Online) with hands-on labs IBM Power System i V7R1 Update - ILO (OV180).
This course is intended for existing IBM i administrators, users, and support personnel.
- Describe the new models of POWER7
- Describe the new enhancements to the i 7.1 software release
The following are recommended prerequisites:
- Basic understanding of i5/OS architecture.
- Basic understanding of the support available in a current release of IBM i.
- Unit 1 - IBM i 7.1 overview
- Unit 2 - POWER7 announcements
- Unit 3 - POWER7 upgrades
- Unit 4 - Upgrading to IBM i 7.1
- Unit 5 - August and October 2010 announcements
- Unit 6 - DB2 and Web Query enhancements
- Exercise 1- Converting existing Query/400 objects
- Unit 8 - PowerVM and virtualization enhancements
- Unit 9 - Systems management
- Unit 10 - Application development
- Exercise 2 - Review performance data
- Exercise 3 - Estimate performance requirements
- Exercise 4 - Editing and verifying source code
- Exercise 5 - Debug source code
- Exercise 6 - Creating a screen with Screen Design
About Global Knowledge Egypt
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses