- Price TBA
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Masaken Sheraton
This course is for those whose job responsibility is to maintain, monitor, and configure an operational IBM FileNet P8 Content Manager system. Maintenance tasks include starting and stopping FileNet P8 engines and other system components as required, configuring object stores and file systems for storing documents, and implementing system security and access control structures.
In addition, this course is for those whose job responsibility is to build or implement a business solution using the tools provided with an IBM FileNet P8 system. These tasks include creating content data structures (document classes), document properties, list structures, document indexes, and stored searches and queries. Related activities include exporting and importing documents and associated metadata from one object store to another.
You work with a fully functioning, IBM FileNet P8 system to practice the skills required for administering, configuring, and monitoring components of an IBM FileNet P8 Content Manager system, as well as building and modifying an IBM FileNet P8 business solution. NOTE: This is an online course. Please do not make travel arrangements for this course. After you receive confirmation that you are enrolled, you will be sent further instructions to access audio and video.
This intermediate course is for anyone who is currently, or soon will be, administering an IBM FileNet P8 system or building a business solution hosted on the IBM FileNet P8 platform.
Acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to administer an IBM FileNet P8 Content Manager system using the tools and techniques presented here.
Acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to implement a Content Manager system using these tools....
You should complete:
- IBM FileNet P8 5.0 Prerequisite Skills using Workplace XT (F141)
- or have equivalent experience
You should have:
- A basic understanding of relational database concepts
- Some experience as a system administrator, database administrator, or business solution builder
- Introduction to IBM FileNet Content Manager
- System overview
- Examine system components
- Start or stop system components
- Configure an object store
- Create a file storage area and policy
- Configure content metadata components
- Migrating data
- Modify metadata
- Working with direct security
- Configure object store security
- Configure security policies
- Configure security inheritance
- Working with Query Builder
- Configure content-based retrieval
- Create event actions
- Configure Content Engine auditing
- Configure Workplace XT appearance
- Configure Workplace XT behavior
- Configure My Workplace pages
- Configure Application Integration BCS and File Tracker
- Monitor components with IBM System Dashboard
- IBM System Dashboard reports
- Monitor content storage
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses