- Locations: Masaken Sheraton
- Duration: 4 Days
This is the classroom version of Instructor led online course 3L212.
This course teaches you how to perform basic database administration tasks using DB2 9. These tasks include creating DB2 instances, creating and populating databases, and using logical design to support concurrency and recovery requirements. New features, such as range partitioning, data row compression, and pure XML (native XML storage) will be introduced.
This intermediate course is for System administrators, database administrators, and technical personnel involved in planning, implementing, and maintaining DB2 databases.
- List and describe the components of DB2
- Manage System Managed Storage (SMS), Database Managed Storage (DMS), and Automatic Storage databases and apply data placement principles
- Administer a DB2 database system using commands and GUI tools
- Implement a given logical database design using DB2 to support integrity and concurrency requirements
- Use autonomic features of DB2
- Define a DB2 recovery strategy and perform the tasks necessary to support the strategy
- Implement DB2 security
You should be able to:
- Use basic OS functions such as utilities, file permissions, hierarchical file system, commands, and editor
- State the functions of the Structured Query Language (SQL), and be able to construct DDL, DML, and authorization statements
- Discuss basic relational database concepts and objects such as tables, indexes, views, and joins
These skills can be developed by taking:
- AIX 5L Basics
- Linux Basics and Administration
- Windows Systems Administration
- DB2 SQL Workshop
- DB2 Fundamentals or by having equivalent HP-UX or Solaris administration experience
About Global Knowledge Egypt
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses