- Price TBA
- Duration 4 Days
- Locations Riad El-Solh Square, Central District, Beirut, LEBANON
In this course, students will learn how to implement automatic archival for database logs and how to plan a redirected database restore to relocate either selected table spaces or an entire database.
- Administer a DB2 database system using commands or GUI tools
- Create and manage database storage for tables using Automatic Storage management, System Managed Storage (SMS) or Database Managed Storage (DMS) table spaces
- Implement a given logical database design using DB2 to support integrity and concurrency requirements
- List and describe the components of DB2
- Define a DB2 recovery strategy and perform the tasks necessary to support the strategy
- Use DB2 utilities like RUNSTATS to collect table and index statistics and REORG to reorganize tables and indexes to improve access and storage efficiency.
- Implement DB2 security
- Select indexes to support application performance requirements
- Explore the DB2 recovery facilities and database configuration options
- Perform the implementation of automated archival and retrieval of database logs
- Identify Explain tools to examine access strategies
- Select the appropriate utility to relocate a database or a portion of a database, including using the RESTORE utility or the db2relocatedb command
- Use the DB2 Design Advisor to analyze SQL statements to suggest new indexes to improve application performance
- Examine Explain output to determine access strategy chosen by Optimizer
- Investigate current application activity that might indicate performance problems using SQL statements
- Use the DB2 provided Views and Functions in SQL to evaluate efficient use of database memory for locks, sorting and package cache
This is an intermediate course for experienced DBAs and technical inpiduals, with experience on other relational database platforms, who plan, implement, and maintain DB2 10.1 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows databases.
The Cisco Learning Partner Conference in Montreal, Canada, New Horizons was awarded the Worldwide Acceleration and Transformation Partner of the Year Award.
“They are honored to be recognized for the strong partnership that They have had with Learning@Cisco this past year,” said Bryan Ochs, VP of Global Products and Programs. “They look forward to our continued collaboration to further innovate on Cisco learning products that enhance and transform the Cisco student learning experience for our New Horizon clients.”See all New Horizons Lebanon courses