- Locations: Riad El-Solh Square, Central District, Beirut, LEBANON
- Duration: 4 Days
In this course, students will learn how to implement automatic archival for database logs and how to plan a redirected database restore to relocate either selected table spaces or an entire database.
- Administer a DB2 database system using commands or GUI tools
- Create and manage database storage for tables using Automatic Storage management, System Managed Storage (SMS) or Database Managed Storage (DMS) table spaces
- Implement a given logical database design using DB2 to support integrity and concurrency requirements
- List and describe the components of DB2
- Define a DB2 recovery strategy and perform the tasks necessary to support the strategy
- Use DB2 utilities like RUNSTATS to collect table and index statistics and REORG to reorganize tables and indexes to improve access and storage efficiency.
- Implement DB2 security
- Select indexes to support application performance requirements
- Explore the DB2 recovery facilities and database configuration options
- Perform the implementation of automated archival and retrieval of database logs
- Identify Explain tools to examine access strategies
- Select the appropriate utility to relocate a database or a portion of a database, including using the RESTORE utility or the db2relocatedb command
- Use the DB2 Design Advisor to analyze SQL statements to suggest new indexes to improve application performance
- Examine Explain output to determine access strategy chosen by Optimizer
- Investigate current application activity that might indicate performance problems using SQL statements
- Use the DB2 provided Views and Functions in SQL to evaluate efficient use of database memory for locks, sorting and package cache
This is an intermediate course for experienced DBAs and technical inpiduals, with experience on other relational database platforms, who plan, implement, and maintain DB2 10.1 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows databases.
About New Horizons Lebanon
As changes in technology have accelerated, it’s become even more essential for people to master technology to be productive, invaluable employees who optimize, program and invent solutions—and even grow companies of their own. With over 300 centers in 60 countries, New Horizons is the world’s largest independent IT and Business training company. Over the past 35 years, New Horizons has delivered a full range of IT and business skills/Management training through innovative learning methods that have transformed businesses and helped over 35 million students reach their goals. New Horizons Lebanon branch was established in 1996.