- Price TBA
- Duration 1 Day
- Locations Masaken Sheraton
This training course is for those who want a foundation of IBM BigInsights. This course consists of two separate modules. The first module is IBM BigInsights Overview and it will give you an overview of IBM's big data strategy as well as a why it is important to understand and use big data. It will cover IBM BigInsights as a platform for managing and gaining insights from your big data. As such, you will see how the BigInsights have aligned their offerings to better suit your needs with the IBM Open Platform (IOP) along with the three specialized modules with value-add that sits on top of the IOP. Along with that, you will get an introduction to the BigInsights value-add including Big SQL, BigSheets, and Big R.
The second module is IBM Open Platform with Apache Hadoop. IBM Open Platform (IOP) with Apache Hadoop is the first premiere collaborative platform to enable Big Data solutions to be developed on the common set of Apache Hadoop technologies. The Open Data Platform initiative (ODP) is a shared industry effort focused on promoting and advancing the state of Apache Hadoop and Big Data technologies for the enterprise. The current ecosystem is challenged and slowed by fragmented and duplicated efforts between different groups. The ODP Core will take the guesswork out of the process and accelerate many use cases by running on a common platform. It allows enterprises to focus on building business driven applications.
This module provides an in-depth introduction to the main components of the ODP core --namely Apache Hadoop (inclusive of HDFS, YARN, and MapReduce) and Apache Ambari -- as well as providing a treatment of the main open-source components that are generally made available with the ODP core in a production Hadoop cluster.
IBM BigInsights v4 itself is built upon the ODP core and these other main open-source components.The relationships between the IBM Open Platform with Apache Hadoop and the BigInsights add-ons is covered briefly in Unit 1 - pro.
This intermediate training course is for those who want a foundation of IBM BigInsights. This includes: Big data engineers, Data scientist, Developers or programmers, Administrators who are interested in learning about IBM's Open Platform with Apache Hadoop.
This course consists of two separate modules. The first module is IBM BigInsights Overview and it will give you an overview of IBM's big data strategy as well as a why it is important to understand and use big data. The second module is IBM Open Platform with Apache Hadoop. IBM Open Platform (IOP) with Apache Hadoop is the first premiere collaborative platform to enable Big Data solutions to be developed on the common set of Apache Hadoop technologies.
There are no pre-requisites for this course but knowledge of Linux would be beneficial.
- IBM BigInsights Overview
- Understand the purpose of big data and know why it is important
- List the sources of data (data-at-rest vs data-in-motion)
- Describe the IBM BigInsights offering
- Utilize the various IBM BigInsights tools including Big SQL, BigSheets, Big R, Jaql and AQL for your big data needs
- IBM Open Platform (IOP) with Apache Hadoop
- List and describe the major components of the open-source Apache Hadoop stack and the approach taken by the Open Data Foundation.
- Manage and monitor Hadoop clusters with Apache Ambari and related components
- Explore the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) by running Hadoop commands.
- Create and run basic MapReduce jobs using command line.
- Explain how Spark integrates int the Hadoop ecosystem.
- Execute iterative algorithms using Spark's RDD.
- Explain the role of coordination, management, and governance in the Hadoop ecosystem using Apache Zookeeper, Apache Slider, and Apache Knox.
- Explore common methods for performing data movement
- Configure Flume for data loading of log files
- Move data int the HDFS from relational databases using Sqoop
- Understand when t use various data storage formats (flat files, CSV/delimited, Avro/Sequence files, Parquet, etc.).
- Review the differences between the available open-source programming languages typically used with Hadoop (Pig, Hive) and for Data Science (Python, R)
- Query data from Hive
- Perform random access on data stored in HBase
- Understand the differences between Hadoop 1 (with MapReduce 1) and Hadoop 2 (with YARN and MapReduce 2).
- Explore advanced concepts, including Oozie and Solr
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses