- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Nasr City
To submit the understanding of well control techniques for surface or subsea BOP installations at driller or supervisor level according to International Association of Drilling Contractors standards. Please state required test level when booking the course.
- Show the principles and procedures used in well control operations with a subsea BOP Stack as described in the IADC Rotary Well Control Surface & Subsea BOP Stack Certification Syllabus.
- Use the equipment for well control operations with surface or subsea BOP stack as described in the IADC WellCAP Syllabus.
- Show that a well control situation can be mastered by use of simulator according to IADC standards.
- Obtain sufficient knowledge about the course content to pass three written tests with minimum 70% score.
- Well Barriers
- Roles & Responsibilities
- Well Control Definitions & Concepts
- API Recommended Practices and API Specifications
- Compensating for Choke Line Friction
- Riser Margin
- Kick Tolerance
- Lick Causes
- Shallow Gas
- Well Control Preparation
- Well Shut-in Procedures
- Gas Behaviours
- Well Control Procedures
- Vertical vs Deviated Well Control
- Well Control Equipment
Who should attend?
- Rig site personnel in critical well control positions and office based engineers/supervisors who require IADC certification.
- Valid IADC Introductory Well Control - Level 2
- Valid IADC Well Control (Drillers) - Level 3
- Valid IADC Well Control (Supervisor) - Level 4
Under special circumstances, dispensation to move from level-2 to level-4, or, to move direct to level-3 can be given. In both cases the candidate must have successfully completed an industry accepted/ recognized training program such that they can pass a Level-3 Knowledge test at the accredited center prior to enrollment on this Level-4 course.
technical training and professional development services for the oil and Gas industry. We offer a portfolio of over 100 practical courses, training programs, and competency services that cover technical skills and asset teams need.
Our curriculum includes introductory to advanced training in key disciplines including Geology, Drilling, Reservoir, Production, Facilities, Management, and Economics. We also offer workflow training courses and programs using Simulator software tools.See all Soleman Training & Consulting courses