Take your bookkeeping skills to the next level
The IAB Intermediate Bookkeeping course combines two IAB level 2 bookkeeping qualifications:
- The IAB Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping (QCF: 601/0730/3)
- The IAB Level 2 Award in Computerised Bookkeeping (QCF: 500/9261/3).
If you already understand the basic principles of bookkeeping and are looking to enhance your skills to be able to offer your professional services to others, the IAB Intermediate Bookkeeping course is the ideal next step in your studies.
One step closer to becoming a fully qualified Bookkeeper
IAB level 2 bookkeeping training online allows you to study from home or on the move to become competent in a wide range of bookkeeping procedures. Level 2 bookkeeping courses prepare you for further study at advanced level after which you will be qualified to take on a range of clients and practise as a fully qualified Bookkeeper.
The IAB Intermediate Bookkeeping course expands on the basic principles of recording and processing financial transactions; teaching you how to account for VAT, maintain petty cash records, extract a trial balance and use the journal to correct errors.
Develop your skills using Sage One software
Sage One allows you to access your accounts online anywhere and at any time from any device; giving you the freedom to work when and where you want.
Our IAB bookkeeping courses include Sage One Accounts Extra, the online software designed for businesses that need more from their accounting software. Sage One Accounts Extra allows you to control shared accounts data, manage trading abroad and extract data for management accounting purposes.
IAB computerised bookkeeping courses teach you how to manage financial information and process routine payments and receipts using a computerised system.
How to gain the IAB Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping
Students will work through the IAB Level 2 course online on our award winning VLC (Virtual Learning Campus) our fantastic online learning platform which ensures Students succeed, with the ability to study online, on any device, wherever and whenever suits them. Online learning allows you to gain a professional qualification around work, family and other important commitments and offers a flexibility that is simply not available from traditional colleges.
The VLC is filled with a huge range of resources and engaging content and we make sure our course materials cater to all learning styles to give all our students the best chance of success. The campus holds videos, interactive quizzes, live online classes- with Tutor and peer interaction, case studies, E-books, practice tests, online chat box for Tutor contact, student forums, plus our Career Management Hub offers students recent industry news, CV advice, interview simulators, expert video tips and recruitment help.
Our IAB online bookkeeping courses enable you to fit your studies around your existing commitments, including family life or running a business.
The IAB Intermediate Bookkeeping course consists of 12 units in total - ten for the manual bookkeeping Certificate and two for the computerised bookkeeping Award:
- Unit 1: Principles of recording and processing financial transactions (2 credits)
- Unit 2: Professional values and basic business legislation (1 credit)
- Unit 3: Principles of VAT (2 credits)
- Unit 4: Banking procedures (1 credit)
- Unit 5: Preparing and recording financial documentation (2 credits)
- Unit 6: Maintaining petty cash records (1 credit)
- Unit 7: Maintaining and reconciling the cash book (2 credits)
- Unit 8: Maintaining the journal (2 credits)
- Unit 9: ledger transactions and extracting a trial balance (2 credits)
- Unit 10: Maintaining control accounts (1 credit)
- Unit 11: Setting up accounting software to manage accounting information (3 credits)
- Unit 12: Processing routine payments and receipts using a computerised system (3 credits).
- Two recognised qualifications in one: IAB Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping & IAB Level 2 Award in Computerised Bookkeeping
- Level 2 - comparable to studying at GCSE level
- Accredited by the International Association of Book-keepers (IAB) and software provider Sage
- QCF accredited: units made up of credit values, recognised by the Government approved regulating body OFQUAL
- Six months' typical completion time
- Twelve units - ten making up the manual bookkeeping Certificate and two making up the computerised bookkeeping Award
- Assessment: four knowledge tests, three assignments and two exams.
What is Included?
- High quality course books, available in eBook format
- 24 hour access to our Virtual Learning Campus
- Student membership with the IAB for the duration of your studies with Home Learning College
- Full tutorial support via phone, email and online forums
- Regular live online classes from your tutor
- Sage One Accounts Extra*
- Exam fees and exclusive exam booking service.
To enrol on the IAB Intermediate Bookkeeping course you must already hold the IAB Level 1 Award in Bookkeeping and IAB Level 1 Award in Computerised Bookkeeping; or have basic bookkeeping and Sage experience.
Before you enrol on any Home Learning College course, please ensure that you have read and understood the further pre-entry requirements below:
- You have a valid UK address (students outside the UK will receive an additional postage charge)
- You are over the age of 18 or have a third party payee for any financial agreement
- You have a solid grasp of the English language - if English is not your first language an IELTS 5.5 is required
- You have access to a computer and the internet throughout your study period
- You have basic PC skills in order to navigate our Virtual Learning Campus
- You are fully committed to your studies.
Talk to one of our Course Advisors to find out about possible exemptions for this course.
Did you know that one of the most common challenges people face in pursuing education is the cost? That is why Home Learning College has developed the most flexible payment terms of any other UK distance learning provider. You can pay in full immediately or split your course fees over three instalments at no extra charge.
Alternatively you can apply for our 12, 18 or 24 months payment plans*. Representative APR 19.9%. These plans are offered by our finance provider Omni Capital, take a look at a representative APR Example. Speak to one of our Course Advisors for further details.
What is the IAB Qualification?
The International Association of Book-keepers (IAB) is the leading UK and international professional body for those providing bookkeeping and payroll services to small businesses. IAB qualifications are approved by the government regulating body (OFQUAL) and are recognised and respected across the world.
A recognised IAB bookkeeping qualification allows you to progress to further study with more advanced bookkeeping and accounting professional bodies such as the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) and the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
With IAB on your CV, you will demonstrate a level of excellence and work-readiness sought after by employers. Our practical, industry-focussed courses enable you to manage finances, budgets and cash flow effectively and play a key role in business growth.
About Home Learning college
With an active online community of over 20,000 students, we are the UK’s largest distance learning provider for professional qualifications. We bring enterprising professionals together to boost their careers with industry recognised, accredited qualifications. Our online training courses are the UK’s choice for professional learning at home, tailored around work and lifestyle. Our purpose is to provide a flexible study framework whereby students can study towards recognised professional qualifications around work and other commitments, and go on to achieve their professional goals.
We provide professionals with the skills they need for a successful career; offer our academic partners a means by which they can deliver cutting edge industry relevant training programmes; and provide employers with highly trained, capable employees needed to boost their long-term profitability and growth; thus playing a part in driving future economic growth. We are a leader in the professional online learning space, and we aim to always keep the student at the heart of what we do.See all Home Learning college courses