- Locations: Floream, Landmark House, Hammersmith Bridge Road, London, W6 9EJ
- Duration: 6 Months
Develop your bookkeeping skills at an Advanced level
The IAB Advanced Bookkeeping course combines two IAB level 3 bookkeeping qualifications:
- The IAB Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping (QCF: 601/0731/3)
- The IAB Level 3 Award in Computerised Bookkeeping (QCF: 500/9407/5).
If you have already completed your IAB level 2 bookkeeping studies and wish to further your knowledge to become fully qualified, the IAB Advanced Bookkeeping course will give you the advanced skills you need.
The IAB Advanced course will expand on principles learnt at level 2 and teach you how to undertake advanced processes such as the preparation of financial statements for Sole Traders, Partnerships and Not for Profit organisations, and how to prepare financial statements from incomplete records.
Upon completion of your level 3 bookkeeping studies you will be qualified as a Member in Practice of the IAB and able to set up your own bookkeeping practice, taking on a range of clients of your own.
Unlock the full potential of Sage One Accounts Extra
Our IAB courses include Sage One Accounts Extra, the most advanced of the Sage One online family; facilitating multiple business accounts.
Level 3 IAB computerised bookkeeping training courses will teach you how to get the most from Sage One Accounts Extra and undertake the range of complex bookkeeping procedures made easy with this comprehensive system; including how to manage fixed assets, extract data for forecasting, and run month end and year end reports for clients.
How to gain the IAB Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping
Students will work through the IAB Level 3 course online on our award winning VLC (Virtual Learning Campus) our fantastic online learning platform which ensures Students succeed, with the ability to study online, on any device, wherever and whenever suits them. Online learning allows you to gain a professional qualification around work, family and other important commitments and offers a flexibility that is simply not available from traditional colleges.
The VLC is filled with a huge range of resources and engaging content and we make sure our course materials cater to all learning styles to give all our students the best chance of success. The campus holds videos, interactive quizzes, live online classes- with Tutor and peer interaction, case studies, E-books, practice tests, online chat box for Tutor contact, student forums, plus our Career Management Hub offers students recent industry news, CV advice, interview simulators, expert video tips and recruitment help.
The IAB Advanced Bookkeeping course consists of 24 units in total - 12 units making up the manual Certificate and 12 making up the computerised Award:
- Unit 1: Principles of Double Entry bookkeeping (2 credits)
- Unit 2: Principles of accounting for Not for Profit organisations (1 credit)
- Unit 3: Fundamentals of incomplete records (1 credit)
- Unit 4: Fundamentals of bookkeeping and accounting for Partnerships (1 credit)
- Unit 5: Principles of preparing financial statements for Sole Traders (1 credit)
- Unit 6: Principles of VAT (2 credits)
- Unit 7: Recording transactions and make accounting adjustments (5 credits)
- Unit 8: Preparing financial statements for a Sole Trader (3 credits)
- Unit 9: Preparing financial statements for a Partnership (3 credits)
- Unit 10: Preparing financial statements from incomplete records (2 credits)
- Unit 11: Preparing financial statements for a Not for Profit organisations
- Unit 12: Preparing VAT returns (2 credits).
- Unit 13: Principles of double entry bookkeeping (2 credits)
- Unit 14: Principles of accounting for Not for Profit organisations (1 credit)
- Unit 15: Fundamentals of incomplete records (1 credit)
- Unit 16: Fundamentals of bookkeeping and accounting for Partnerships (1 credit)
- Unit 17: Principles of preparing financial statements for Sole Traders (1 credit)
- Unit 18: Principles of VAT (2 credits)
- Unit 19: Record transactions and make accounting adjustments (5 credits)
- Unit 20: Prepare financial statements for a Sole Trader (3 credits)
- Unit 21: Prepare financial statements for a Partnership (3 credits)
- Unit 22: Prepare financial statements for incomplete records (2 credits)
- Unit 23: Prepare financial statements for a Not for Profit organisations
- Unit 24: Preparing VAT returns (2 credits).
- Two recognised qualifications: IAB Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping & IAB Level 3 Award in Computerised Bookkeeping
- Level 3 - comparable to studying at A-Level
- QCF accredited: units made up of credit values, recognised by the Government approved regulating body OFQUAL
- Accredited by the International Association of Book-keepers (IAB) and Sage
- Six months' typical completion time
- 24 units - 12 making up the manual bookkeeping Certificate and 12 making up the computerised bookkeeping Award
- Assessment: six knowledge tests, two assignments and two exams.
What is Included?
- High quality course books, available in eBook format
- 24 hour access to our Virtual Learning Campus
- Student membership with the IAB for the duration of your studies with Home Learning College
- Full tutorial support via phone, email and online forums
- Regular live online classes from your tutor
- Sage One Accounts Extra*
- Exam fees and exclusive exam booking service.
To enrol on the IAB Advanced Bookkeeping course you must already hold the IAB Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping and IAB Level 2 Award in Computerised Bookkeeping; or have two years' experience in bookkeeping.
Before you enrol on any Home Learning College course, please ensure that you have read and understood the further pre-entry requirements below:
- You have a valid UK address (students outside the UK will receive an additional postage charge)
- You are over the age of 18 or have a third party payee for any financial agreement
- You have a solid grasp of the English language - if English is not your first language an IELTS 5.5 is required
- You have access to a computer and the internet throughout your study period
- You have basic computer skills in order to navigate our Virtual Learning Campus
- You are fully committed to your studies.
Talk to one of our Course Advisors to find out about possible exemptions for this course.
Did you know that one of the most common challenges people face in pursuing education is the cost? That is why Home Learning College has developed the most flexible payment terms of any other UK distance learning provider. You can pay in full immediately or split your course fees over three instalments at no extra charge.
Alternatively you can apply for our 12, 18 or 24 months payment plans*. Representative APR 19.9%. These plans are offered by our finance provider Omni Capital, take a look at a representative APR Example. Speak to one of our Course Advisors for further details.
What is the IAB Qualification?
The International Association of Book-keepers (IAB) is the leading UK and international professional body for those providing bookkeeping and payroll services to small businesses. IAB qualifications are approved by the government regulating body (OFQUAL) and are recognised and respected across the world.
A recognised IAB bookkeeping qualification allows you to progress to further study with more advanced bookkeeping and accounting professional bodies such as the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) and the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
With IAB on your CV, you will demonstrate a level of excellence and work-readiness sought after by employers. Our practical, industry-focussed courses enable you to manage finances, budgets and cash flow effectively and play a key role in business growth.
About Home Learning college
With an active online community of over 20,000 students, we are the UK’s largest distance learning provider for professional qualifications. We bring enterprising professionals together to boost their careers with industry recognised, accredited qualifications. Our online training courses are the UK’s choice for professional learning at home, tailored around work and lifestyle. Our purpose is to provide a flexible study framework whereby students can study towards recognised professional qualifications around work and other commitments, and go on to achieve their professional goals.
We provide professionals with the skills they need for a successful career; offer our academic partners a means by which they can deliver cutting edge industry relevant training programmes; and provide employers with highly trained, capable employees needed to boost their long-term profitability and growth; thus playing a part in driving future economic growth. We are a leader in the professional online learning space, and we aim to always keep the student at the heart of what we do.See all Home Learning college courses