- Locations: Petro Tech
Human errors refer to the environmental, organisational and job factors, and human and individual characteristics which influence the behaviour at work in a way which can affect an organisation's health and safety performance. A simple way to view human error is to think about three aspects: the job, the individual and the organisation and how they interact to impact on health and safety related human behaviour.
After an accident involving human failure - using human error analysis tools can identify the causes and contributing human error factors. Establishing these underlying causes of an accident/incident is the key to preventing similar human error accidents/incidents.
This course is aimed at providing delegates with the practical on-site knowledge and skills to develop and successfully implement effective human error analysis techniques.
Participants attending the conference will:
- Explain the various human error analysis techniques and how they can be used
- Show how human behaviour can lead to human errors and incidents/accidents
- Provide practical ideas and methods for observing and preventing human errors
- Review practical case studies to show how other organisation have used human error analysis techniques to prevent human errors in the workplace
Delegates will learn by active participation through inspiring presentation tools and interactive techniques presented in a lively, enthusiastic and interesting style. Delegates will take part in practical human error analysis exercises and group discussions, as related to their own organisation's workplace activities.
Introduction to Human Error
- What is human error?
- Understanding the different types of human error
- Human Error related workplace and job task causation factors
- Human failures in the causes of accidents/incidents
- Exercise: Define human error and prevention objectives
Human Error Analysis Factors
- Managing Rule-Breaking situations (Violations)
- Human behaviour patterns leading to human errors
- Cultural behaviour and sensory and perception
- Using the Shell 'Hearts and Minds' toolkit to improve human behavioural factors
- Exercise: List the different types of human errors and prevention options
Observation Methods for Unsafe Acts and Conditions
Using the Dupont 'STOP' on-site safety observation tool for
- Observing Substandard Practices and behaviour
- Observing Substandard Conditions
Using 'Job Safety Analysis' to identify and assesses types of human errors
Exercise: Identify human errors of presented accident scenario
Human Error Analysis Techniques
- Analysing site operations human error situations
- Using the 'Human Reliability Assessment' (HRA) human error analysis technique
- Human error observation and prevention options
- Options and Solutions for preventing human errors
- Exercise: Using Fault Tree Analysis method to analyse human errors
Human Error Analysis & Prevention - Getting Started
- Identifying and categorising human errors in the workplace
- Considering Human factors when analysing incidents and accidents
- Review of Human factors in existing work methods and procedures
- Human error analysis within the health and safety management syst
- Exercise: Checklist for observing human errors in the workplace
- Course Review: Key points summary of course topics
The adage that “knowledge” is power holds very true in this industry. In order to maximize results we are constantly updating and upgrading ourselves. This commitment to ongoing skills development is one of the reasons we are success, the belief that there is a “better way to do things” is what motivates us each and every day. By aligning with us you are going to benefit from our years of expertise in real world scenarios. Classroom learning is great but there is no substitute to real world experience which is what we are bringing to the table.
Billionaire investor Warren Buffett said “price is what you pay but quality is what you get” and that expression is very true. With use we understand that your time is very valuable and you only want the best and most current industry related knowledge which is what we bring to the table. Instead of giving you massive amounts of inaccurate or outdated information you get precisely what you want, the most current knowledge so you can make truly informed decisions that will directly impact productivity and your bottom line. When results are what you are looking for then the choice is clear, we are your partners in success.
Technology has revolutionized the way knowledge is disseminated in throughout the world, what use to take months or even years to reach the masses can be done in a few hours ! In order to remain relevant and viable we need to embrace innovations. The challenge with innovation is knowing when to implement it and what type of return you can expect from it. Instead of risking your time and resources we have the answers for you, Since we are at the vanguard of the industry whenever there is a fruitful innovation we will be there providing you with the information needed to make the right decision.
We understand you may have unique need so we provide a tailored made (bespoke for our U.K. friends) approach that will address your questions in the most conducive manner possible. Respect to us means putting your interests, your needs at the forefront of our mind. You will see how genuine we are and that you not just “some customer” you are our partner in success just as much as we are your partner in success. We firmly believe in the “golden rule”, treat others with graciousness, courtesy and respect. Come experience the difference that quality and respect makes and you will truly be amazed.