- Price KWD 240
- Duration 3 Days
- Locations British Safety Services Aqueous 3 Aston Cross Business Park Aston Birmingham B6 5RQ England
The course is designed to meet the requirements of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981, Approved Code of Practice L74 which requires that where appropriate the employer provides adequate numbers of trained First Aiders in the workplace. If the assessment of First Aid needs highlights the requirement for qualified First Aiders, then this course will provide you with suitable, recognised, highly trained personnel.
The whole philosophy of the course is that learning is best achieved through practical involvement and repetition. Consequently, our aim is to make the candidate by course completion both competent and confident to practice first aid in the workplace. This is achieved by avoiding unnecessary jargon and sticking to the core principles of first aid.
This is important since, if they understand first aid rather then learning by rote, they are more likely to do what is required when it is needed for real. This course is delivered in association with Medic Services International Ltd. utilising a very experienced paramedic and first aid trainer.
This course is designed for those with the delegated responsibility to assume the role of First Aider within their workplace.
Since 1981 it has been a legal requirement for all employers to provide adequate and appropriate first aid provision for their employees.
The programme covers the HSE defined syllabus and is assessed by a formal examination and practical test.
This is a three day release or block course. It covers in detail both first aid and the associated paperwork and recording procedures required by HSE First Aid at Work certificate.
This course covers:
- primary survey - DRs ABC;
- treatment and control of bleeding;
- treatment of shock;
- unconscious casualty and medical conditions;
- contents of the first aid box and their use;
- purchasing of first aid supplies;
- transport of casualties;
- recognition of illnesses;
- treatment of injuries to bones, muscles and joints;
- treatment of minor injuries;
- treatment of a suspected fracture;
- treatment of burns and scalds;
- eye irrigation;
- simple record keeping;
- personal hygiene in treating wounds;
- communication and delegation in an emergency.
Comprehensive course notes are supplied to support this training. First aid videos are also used to enhance learning.
Assessment will be carried out by the course instructor. Achievement of the objectives of the course will be assessed in the following ways:
- A practical assessment throughout the days
- Completion of an end of course multiple choice examination
Upon completion of the course successful candidates are awarded a First Aid at Work certificate which is valid for three years.
There is minimum number of 6 candidates and a maximum number of 10 candidates per course.
BSS is one of the leading providers of health and safety training in the UK and across the globe.
Since being the first NEBOSH accredited Training Provider to export the NEBOSH National General Certificate, NGC, outside the UK shores, (Muscat, Oman; 1993), BSS has gone on to score several other firsts;
- First to present the NGC in the Sultanate of Oman
- First to present the NEBOSH Award in Occupational Safety & Health in Algeria
- First to present the NEBOSH Award in Occupational Safety & Health in Libya
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in Algeria
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in China
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in Qatar for the International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety
- First in Qatar to conduct the International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety, with 100% pass rate, of which 7% were distinctions, 57% credits and 36% base passes
- First to Present the NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety in China.
- First to offer the IOSH Supervising Safely, (which was written by BSS and donated to IOSH).
- BSS was one of the trusted few chosen to pilot the NEBOSH International Construction Certificate in the UAE.
- BSS are extremely proud of their exceptional results and pass rate with the NEBOSH National General Certificate.
BSS is proud of their exciting development of services in the provision of Health, Safety, and Environmental, (HSE), training and consultancy. With 9 regional offices, UK, Qatar, Dubai, Yemen and China, with our two most recent offices now open in Algeria and Libya. BSS also has representative offices in Kuwait and Pakistan.
Additionally, BSS is represented on various industry bodies, and has close links with both CIEH and NEBOSH. NEBOSH revision papers and guidance is available to existing clients via the “client log in” area.
If you need support in health and safety training – in house within your organisation either in the UK or internationally, or need to attend one of our open courses please contact us.See all British Safety Services courses