The HR function is a high-value-added part of the organisation and plays a key role in developing and implementing corporate strategy. This is because of the growing importance of human capital in organisational success.
The HR function needs to be more effective as a strategic partner in the organisation rather than a purely administrative function. Such an HR function will drive and deliver change rather than just react to it.
In order to achieve this highly desired prize, the HR function must develop its ability to measure how HR decisions affect the organisation and how the decisions taken by the organisation affect human capital. In short, the HR function needs to develop better metrics and analytics if it is to become a true strategic partner.
Once the metrics are established, the organisation will need to develop HR policies that react to the messages. The course will also consider the type of HR policies that are being developed in response to the usual range of messages from the metrics and analytics.
The goals of the course are as follows:
- To examine the use of internal and external measurement frameworks which establish the contribution of the HR function
- To be able to conduct detailed Problem analysis assessments
- To be able to identify appropriate Decision Making options
- To make decisions based on evidence rather than opinion
- To understand the principles of Organisation change
- To understand the theory around organisation change
- To drive strategic change rather than react to it
The course will be highly interactive with tutorial input as well as case studies and syndicate work. There will be much opportunity for discussion and for participants to compare experience.
Time will be allocated at the end of each day to reflect upon the learning and plan the transfer back to the work place.
Participants will gain the skills needed to design their own internal framework for measuring the effectiveness of the HR function.
Also, participants will:
- Consider whether the use of narrative can complement the use of metrics and analytics
- Design an external analytical framework
- Consider the messages revealed by analysis and measurement
- Develop HR policy responses to a range of messages from metrics and analytics - in other words, what would be done if......
- In turn this will lead to Participants being able to develop a strategic role for the HR function
As a result of attending this course Participants will be able to:
- establish a role for the HR function which moves from the traditional, administrative function concerned with process to a force for driving strategic change in an organisation
- have a better understanding of strategy and change management
The Core Competencies
- Analytical thinking
- Problem identification
- Decision making
- Business awareness
- Capability development
- Change leadership
- Information seeking
- Strategy delivery
The Conference Content
- Introductions and programme objectives
- The context for HR
- Strategic Business Planning
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Human Capital Management
- How to make things happen - use of business action plan
- The difference between HRM and Personnel Management
- The new shape and function of tomorrows HR departments
HR Tools and Methods
- What should be measured?
- The effectiveness of the HR function
- HR headcount ratios
- Administrative cost per employee
- Time to fill vacancies
- Filling the skills gap
- Satisfaction surveys
- Internal Frameworks
- Long-Term Development
- External Perception
- Learning and Development
- job analysis
- job evaluation
- capability review
Driving Organisational Change
- Theories of organisation change and how to use them
- The Softer Side of HR
- Avoiding a blame culture
- The Relationship between HR and the Line
- The New Roles in the HR Function
Connecting HR Metrics and Analytics with Action 1
- Change Management
- Employee Relations
- The Relationship between HR and the Line
- The Use of Competencies
- Employee Development
- Succession Planning
Driving Organisational Change: Connecting HR Metrics and Analytics with Action 2
- Employee Motivation
- Empowerment and Accountability
- Performance Management; The four stage process - agreeing objectives, feedback, coaching and appraisal
- Conclusion and Action Planning
The adage that “knowledge” is power holds very true in this industry. In order to maximize results we are constantly updating and upgrading ourselves. This commitment to ongoing skills development is one of the reasons we are success, the belief that there is a “better way to do things” is what motivates us each and every day. By aligning with us you are going to benefit from our years of expertise in real world scenarios. Classroom learning is great but there is no substitute to real world experience which is what we are bringing to the table.
Billionaire investor Warren Buffett said “price is what you pay but quality is what you get” and that expression is very true. With use we understand that your time is very valuable and you only want the best and most current industry related knowledge which is what we bring to the table. Instead of giving you massive amounts of inaccurate or outdated information you get precisely what you want, the most current knowledge so you can make truly informed decisions that will directly impact productivity and your bottom line. When results are what you are looking for then the choice is clear, we are your partners in success.
Technology has revolutionized the way knowledge is disseminated in throughout the world, what use to take months or even years to reach the masses can be done in a few hours ! In order to remain relevant and viable we need to embrace innovations. The challenge with innovation is knowing when to implement it and what type of return you can expect from it. Instead of risking your time and resources we have the answers for you, Since we are at the vanguard of the industry whenever there is a fruitful innovation we will be there providing you with the information needed to make the right decision.
We understand you may have unique need so we provide a tailored made (bespoke for our U.K. friends) approach that will address your questions in the most conducive manner possible. Respect to us means putting your interests, your needs at the forefront of our mind. You will see how genuine we are and that you not just “some customer” you are our partner in success just as much as we are your partner in success. We firmly believe in the “golden rule”, treat others with graciousness, courtesy and respect. Come experience the difference that quality and respect makes and you will truly be amazed.