- Duration: 5 Days
This course covers all major aspects of HPHT well construction projects. It covers the theories, technicalities and practicalities of HPHT wells complete with impending risks and challenges. This course is also equipped with case studies on both successful HPHT well projects and the mistakes of past projects. Special emphasis is placed on Geopressure detection analysis. There are also practical exercises and assessments throughout this course with interactive discussion to meet the specific needs of all the participants.
This course aims to equip participants with the knowledge and understanding on ways to overcome the challenges and risks in HPHT wells while elevating the effectiveness of their HPHT wells practices, giving special emphasis on methods to detect and analysis Geopressures in HPHT wells.
This focus of this training is more than merely imparting technical knowledge; it works on improving communications and personal focus. At the end of this HPHT training, the attendees will have obtained a much improved understanding of the challenges which will be faced and the mitigations required to minimize the probability of failure. Team building, safety leadership and communication skills are key elements addressed in the course.
- Defining the HPHT environment
- Managing HPHT wells effectively
- Geological and Geophysical aspects of abnormal pressure
- Casing design for HTHP wells
- Well data collection
- New technology
- Down hole equipment
- Drilling fluids and cementing challenges
- Well control in an HTHP environment
- Gas solubility
- HTHP drilling procedures
- Fingerprinting the well
- Special operational considerations
- HPHT well testing
Who should attend?
- Well Construction Professionals with 5 years or more well construction experience with an understanding of HTHP issues. Drilling Employees who will involve in drilling HPHT Wells.
- At least 5 years of experience in well construction and understanding of HTHP well issues.
- Drilling Employees who will involve in drilling HPHT Wells.
About Soleman Training & Consulting
technical training and professional development services for the oil and Gas industry. We offer a portfolio of over 100 practical courses, training programs, and competency services that cover technical skills and asset teams need.
Our curriculum includes introductory to advanced training in key disciplines including Geology, Drilling, Reservoir, Production, Facilities, Management, and Economics. We also offer workflow training courses and programs using Simulator software tools.See all Soleman Training & Consulting courses