This course teaches system administrators how to effectively use Serviceguard to protect mission critical applications from a wide variety of hardware and software failures. The course is 40 percent lecture and 60 percent hands-on labs using HP servers. This course has been updated to support HP-UX 11.31 and Serviceguard version 11.18 but is still applicable to earlier versions of the product.
- Configure a volume group or disk group that can be used on multiple systems and a basic pagckage to run in a Serviceguard environment.
- Configure and implement an application monitor
- Replace a failed LVM lock disk.
- Set up a Serviceguard package using the NFS toolkit and Oracle toolkit
- Perform a rolling upgrade.
- Perform troubleshooting activities to resolve Serviceguard configuration problems.
- Configure and maintain a Serviceguard cluster
- Use contributed Serviceguard commands to perform troubleshooting.
- Change the cluster configuration and add or delete a package to a running cluster.
- Configure a highly available network using redundant hubs, routers, and networks.
- Use Serviceguard Manager to manage a Serviceguard cluster.
About Global Knowledge Egypt
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses