This course introduces students to ALM Performance Center 12.0 and the Virtual User Generator (VuGen) application, which is a scripting tool used to record and run user actions on an application to be load tested. The topics include how to schedule tests, run tests, and analyze test results. Students learn how to effectively and efficiently plan, create, schedule and run a simple test based on the goals determined at the planning phase and to interpret analysis graphs and achieve set performance testing goals. They also focus on planning, creating, and enhancing Virtual User (Vuser) scripts using VuGen in the web environment. All topics are supported by hands-on labs, designed to provide you with the knowledge necessary to create scripts in the web environment.
The class is appropriate for both experienced and new product users and others responsible for or involved in performance testing with Performance Center and/or VuGen scripting.
The course consists of focused, task-oriented lectures, text, and a series of detailed hands-on labs to teach the course material to the student. The hands-on labs use version 12.0 of the software.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the Performance Center (PC) architecture
- Manage user accounts
- Assign user privileges
- Manage multiple projects
- Oversee server resources
- Manage test executions
- Monitor and analyze error information using various reports
- Plan effectively for load tests
- Describe the user site’s functionality
- Create, configure, and execute load tests
- Use analysis graphs to determine whether the test achieved the set goals
- Record scripts in the Web environment using Virtual User Generator (VuGen)
- Measure steps and business processes using transactions
- Parameterize scripts to vary user input data
- Customize scripts by adding VuGen and basic C functions
- Correlate scripts to process server-generated data
About SQS Academy
SQS is the largest pure-play software testing and quality assurance company in the world. Over the years we’ve developed and established a proprietary testing methodology, PractiQ, along with Industrialisation and Automation processes. Our solutions range from expert consultant staffing solutions to global service management.
The Academy is a wholly owned subsidiary of SQS delivering a suite of accredited testing, Quality Management (QM), Quality Assurance (QA) and now Business Analysis (BA) skills. We also deliver learning and development solutions for our internal consultants and testers. with a presence on three continents, we deliver over workshops per year to more than participants. We bring the knowledge and real experience of working with over 400 global companies and the flexibility of delivering public workshops and custom in-house solutions.See all SQS Academy courses