Who Should Attend:
All Customer-facing Business Professionals
- Understand the Psychology of "Why", "When" and "How" customers get angry
- Recognise situations that can cause frustration for customers, and seek ways to minimise the issues
- Realise the importance of maintaining a good emotional state when dealing with angry clients
- Develop awareness of how to objectively assess the situation and separate the customer from their behaviours
- Master four easy-to-use strategies to always calm down an angry client
- Understand the importance of both verbal and non-verbal communication in tough situations
- Learn to regain control of the conversation if the customer uses bitter or abusive language
- Become aware of how "Excuses" can further escalate the situation.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Have better control on your emotions
- Practice ways to diffuse anger calmly and patiently while handling your most irate clients
- Master the tips and tricks to keeping your calm under most pressured working environment and handling difficult customers
- Better exercise your reactions using emotional intelligence
- Use and exercise the right strategy required to handle varying/alarming customer reactions
- Accurately observe, read, decode body language, thoughts and be able to predict your customers mood at a glance
- Use non-verbal communication to build rapport and empathise with your client
- Speak the language that will help you sell and deal with your customer leaving a positive last impression.
Day 1: How to Handle the Irate Customer
- Module One: Introduction "The Psychology of Anger"
- Introduction to learning objectives
- Role Play#1: Angry? Really Angry? - How well do you handle angry customers?
- Why do people get angry?
- How Angry is expressed
- The importance of handling angry clients
- Role Play#2: Attention! Where "lays" your focus?
- Module Two: Remaining Centered Under Pressure
- Role Play#3: I Will get to you!
- 3 Emotional Mastery techniques for keeping calm under pressure
- Role Play#4: The Flawless Natural - Practicing maintaining calm without being too mechanical
- When do Clients get angry? (Emotional Situational Analysis Matrix)
- Video Exercise: Which would you rather deal with?
- Module Three - The Strategies
- Pacing the customer's experience - Empathy vs Sympathy
- Leading the client to a more favourable state: 4 easy strategies to use when customers get angry
- Exercise: Paving the road map - When to use each strategies (Linking Strategies to the Emotional Situational Analysis Matrix)
- Role play#5: Using The Correct Strategy
- Role play#6: Using The Wrong Strategy
- Demonstration - How customers respond to different strategies
- Reflection and Wrap up
- Module Four: The "How" of communication
- Exercise: Do you trust me?
- The true meaning of communication: Body Language and Tone of voice
- Role play#1: I am not convinced - How customers respond to non-verbal messages
- Video Exercise: Would you buy from this car salesman?
- Role play#2: unconscious tactics - Using non-verbal communication to build rapport and create empathy
- Module Five: Questions?
- Demonstration - The power of words
- Toxic Words never to use with angry customers
- Role Play #3: Calm me "Blindly" - Understanding how customers respond to certain words
- Should I ask Questions?
- Exercise: Focus Directing Questions
- Role Play: Any Questions? - Using Questions to redirect the focus of the customer
- Module Six: BONUS MODULE - What other Types of Clients?
- 3 Bonus Strategies to deal with
- Bonus Role play#1: Dealing With the "Complainers"
- Bonus Role play#2: Dealing with the "All I can Get" attitude
- Bonus Role play#3: Dealing With "Passive/Non-responsive" Customers
- Reflection and Wrap u
About HNI Training & Coaching
HNI Training and Coaching as a Dubai training center, is an innovator and leader in human capital development, providing world-class experiential corporate training solutions and services in English and Arabic to organisations in the MENA region. HNI Training and Coaching is amongst the leading training institutes in Dubai that currently offers training courses in Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Doha in 16 different categories.