The course is designed to equip participants with the knowledge and skills needed for a successful career in the hospitality operations part of a cruise, as well as providing an essential understanding of elements relating to life and work on a cruise ship. In addition to being introduced to the wider world of the cruise industry, its history, players, customers, regulations, concerns such as safety, security, professionalism etc., students will be studying specialist operational elements such as front office, customer service, effective communication, essential information technology skills etc.
A participants who then continue to the Hospitality and Cruise Ship Management Diploma course will enhance their knowledge of the business and management of cruises and operational issues involved, but also approach wider managerial issues such as personnel management, organisational behaviour, research methods etc. at an advanced level.
The course, headed by an experienced and accomplished professional in hospitality operations on cruise ships will also include guest lectures by cruise industry professionals and participants visits to cruise ships in order to ensure an engaging delivery of the latest knowledge and issues in this exciting field.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Use technical and inter-personal skills and knowledge to propose and evaluate practical and theoretical solutions to complex problems in the core areas of cruise ship hotel operations management;
- Apply principles and practices of hotel management.
- Identify and respond appropriately to the diversity that prevails within the cruise ship industry in relation to its stakeholders.
- Evaluate and apply within the hotel management context, appropriate theories and concepts from generic management areas, e.g. managing people, hospitality operations management, managing business performance and business communication;
- Analyse and evaluate the defining characteristics of cruise ship hospitality as a phenomenon, e.g. the different cultural aspects of hospitality.
- Analyse and evaluate the impact of international tourism on the cruise ship industry, and hospitality operations management in particular.
What will it cover?
- The Cruise Ship Industry
- Customer Service & Effective Communication
- Cruise Ship Basics
- Front Office Operations
- Housekeeping Operations & Application
- Food & Beverage Service Management
- Culinary Theory
- Property Management Systems
- Managerial Accounting
- Essential IT and Research Skills
- Industry Placement in a 5 star hotel (cruise ship)
- Cruise Operations
- Food & Beverage Operations Management on Cruise Ships
- The Business & Management of Ocean Cruises
- Financial Accounting
- Human Resources Management
- Organisational Behaviour
- Hospitality, Tourism & Events Marketing & Sales
- Fundamental Methods of Enquiry
A subsidiary of We_They Strategies Corporation , We_They is a World performance improvement company and a leader in sales and technical training, management consulting, and engineering services.
We help improve your organisational effectiveness through innovative and knowledgeable training, consulting, and business improvement services customised to meet your specific needs. With offices throughout The Middle East, we are strategically positioned to serve you at your locations around the world.See all World Knowledge courses