Course detailsWith 5 million children worldwide being home educated, including an estimated 50,000 to 100,000 in the UK, which is also estimated to rise by 80% annually, more parents are exercising their right to educate their children themselves.
Students will learn how to begin home schooling your child, as well as letting you know what is required of you to do so and informing you of any educational bodies who you may, or may not, need to inform of your decision.
The Home Education Diploma Course outlines the positives, as well as the negatives, so that parents can make an informed decision on whether this is the best fit for them and their children.
'Home Education' does not mean one single way of teaching a child, but is rather a spectrum term that includes many different methods and theories to provide an education that fits their child. As a home educator, you can adapt your teaching to the way your child learns, so that they gain the most from the learning experience. The Home Education Diploma Course covers the various ways of learning, going through each of the following: Visual / Spatial, Verbal / Linguistic, Aural (Auditory/Musical), Physical / Kinaesthetic, Solitary (Intrapersonal), Social (Interpersonal), Logical / Mathematics, and Naturalist learning.
You will need materials and resources with which to teach. Fortunately, you can pick and choose from all the materials available in the world. The course teaches parents about some of the more common types of materials and suggests other ways that lessons can be taught, to give a more involved learning experience.
Although the need to plan each lesson is not as great as in traditional education (as you will not be teaching 20-30 children), some lessons achieve their intention more succinctly by being planned. The course talks about which lessons lend themselves well to being planned and provides several lesson plans covering different subjects, for parents to use and adapt to fit their children's needs.
You may still have a number of questions on the subject of home education. We list some of the most common questions and answers them in-depth; dispelling the myths and incorrect beliefs surrounding the topic.
As the person who will be responsible for your children's education, you need to be sure that it is the right choice, not only for your child/children and your family but also for you. The final module of the course talks parents through additional research, considerations, and questions you should ask yourself before making the decision to home educate.
The course ends with a conclusion and, although it is not a necessity for home educated children, a National Curriculum is also included, should some wish to use it as a way of determining when certain skills should be taught or learned.
- Module 1: Home Education
- Module 2: Benefits & Negatives of Home Education
- Module 3: The Spectrum of Home Education
- Module 4: Learning Styles
- Module 5: Materials & Resources
- Module 6: Preparing Lessons
- Module 7: Mastery, Testing, Grades & University
- Module 8: Myths & Questions about Home Education
- Module 9: Tips, Suggestions & Advice
- Module 10: Considering Home Education
About Centre of Excellence
Where E-Learning Becomes Life-Changing!
Centre of Excellence is recognised worldwide as one of the leading online training providers, with hundreds of thousands of learners having gained vital skills and qualifications online via our Centre.
Our aim is to help you to achieve excellence in every area of your life via quality distance learning training courses. Whether you're looking to learn a new skill, to gain a qualification for a new career or to start a new business, Centre of Excellence can help you to achieve your goals and get to where you want to be.
- All of our courses come with full support from our dedicated team of tutors in your chosen subject field always on hand to help you complete your studies with us.
- We provide a state-of-the-art online learning platform where you can access your course materials 24/7 across any device.
- Whether you decide to study from home, from work or from wherever you choose, there are no deadlines for completing your work so you can study in your own time at your own pace.
- With over 1000 different flexible courses to choose from, we’re sure you’ll find something to fulfill your needs