- Duration 3 Days
- Locations Mishref
This course introduces help desk and tier 1/tier 2 support professionals to concepts and troubleshooting strategies for XenApp and XenDesktop environments. Students will learn the fundamental concepts behind the types of resources available from a XenApp or XenDesktop deployment, the communication requirements for each environment, and the process involved with accessing a resource from either environment. Help desk professionals will be able to identify if an issue affects a general problem area and then break down the issue into a more specific cause. Some issues will be appropriate for the help desk to take action directly to solve. For other issues, the help desk may be required to identify and direct the issue to the appropriate team, such as XenApp or XenDesktop administrators, network administrators, application teams, or other. Interactive Instructor-led discussion and hands-on lab exercises guide learners through help desk tasks and prepare them to troubleshoot common issues encountered in XenApp and XenDesktop environments.
Who should enroll in this course?
This course is intended for help desk and support professionals equivalent to a tier 1 or tier 2 support level role that need to provide troubleshooting and support for XenApp and XenDesktop environments.
It is recommended that learners have basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 environments, Active Directory, group membership within Active Directory, and experience with basic client network connectivity.
Skills and Key Topics
- Upon successful completion of this course, learners are able to perform the following:
- Identify components, communication, and services of Citrix XenApp 6.5.
- Identify components, communication, and services of Citrix XenDesktop 5.6.
- Describe and use the different management consoles.
- Identify and use tools from Citrix for troubleshooting and diagnosing issues (for example: qfarm, lbdiag, Quick Launch).
- Describe delegated administrator privileges for XenApp and XenDesktop.
- Describe the various resource types available for XenApp and XenDesktop.
- Understand the core architecture and communication requirements for the Citrix Receiver, Web Interface, and the XenApp/XenDesktop architecture.
- Understand the XenApp and XenDesktop logon process and cause for possible delays or issues.
- Recognize how XenApp and XenDesktop policies are processed.
- Recognize how Active Directory GPO's apply to sessions.
- View resultant set of policies using policy modeling and view configured policy settings.
- Understand how ICA session printing is routed.
- Identify services and settings that affect printing.
- Understand the Web Interface and Secure Gateway communication processes.
- Manage sessions.
- Shadow users.
- Troubleshoot application issues, including seamless applications.
- Troubleshoot sessions and session connectivity issues.
- Troubleshoot streamed applications and sessions, including offline access to streamed applications.
- Troubleshoot policy issues.
- Troubleshoot common printing issues.
- Troubleshoot client to Web Interface communication issues.
- Troubleshoot Web Interface authentication issues.
- Troubleshoot Web Interface enumeration issues.
- Troubleshoot Secure Gateway.
- Instructor Led Training course providing interactive presentations, discussion topics, and practical application through hands-on lab exercises.
- This course is not part of a certification path.
- XenApp Architecture
- XenApp Communication and Launch Process
- XenApp Management Consoles and Diagnostic Tools
- XenDesktop Architecture
- XenDesktop Communication and Launch Process
- XenDesktop Management Consoles and Diagnostic Tools
- XenApp Published Applications and Desktops
- XenDesktop Virtual Desktops and VM Hosted Apps
- Combining XenApp and XenDesktop
Introduction to Troubleshooting XenApp/XenDesktop:
- XenApp Session Startup Phases
- XenDesktop Session Startup Phases
Troubleshooting Client Connectivity:
- Citrix Receiver
- Web Interface
- Access Gateway
- Troubleshooting Client Connectivity Issues
Troubleshooting XenApp Sessions, Applications and Policies:
- Session Management
- Troubleshooting Server Selection
- Troubleshooting Session Issues
- Troubleshooting Application Issues
- HDX Policy and Policy Issues
- Client Connectivity
- Virtual Desktop Agent and Session Management
- Troubleshooting XenDesktop and VDA Registrations
- Printer Types
- Printer Provisioning
- Printing Pathways
- Printer Policies
- Troubleshooting Printing
We_They was founded at the beginning of the millennium by a team of enthusiastic IT specialists who wanted to overcome the routine and create a company that would act in the market not only for business success but for the sake of Technology itself. Thus, the mission of the company was defined – to contribute to forward-looking transformation of the society through software development. Over 5 years of work, we have developed a range of solutions and gained ample experience in the services we offer: Custom Software Development, E-commerce Solutions Development, E-learning Solutions Development, Web development, Project Recovery, Consulting, and Quality Assurance.
Our specialists have been providing software development services for multiple clients from India, France and Malaysia, starting from small companies and continuing with very big and well known clients. Over 5 years, we have completed different kinds of projects; and we specialize in automation of business processes used by our clients.See all Nahda Modern Institute courses