- Locations: Mahboula
- Duration: 3 Days
This course introduces help desk and tier 1/tier 2 support professionals to concepts and troubleshooting strategies for XenApp and XenDesktop environments. Students will learn the fundamental concepts behind the types of resources available from a XenApp or XenDesktop deployment, the communication requirements for each environment, and the process involved with accessing a resource from either environment. Help desk professionals will be able to identify if an issue affects a general problem area and then break down the issue into a more specific cause. Some issues will be appropriate for the help desk to take action directly to solve. For other issues, the help desk may be required to identify and direct the issue to the appropriate team, such as XenApp or XenDesktop administrators, network administrators, application teams, or other. Interactive Instructor-led discussion and hands-on lab exercises guide learners through help desk tasks and prepare them to troubleshoot common issues encountered in XenApp and XenDesktop environments.
Who should enroll in this course?
This course is intended for help desk and support professionals equivalent to a tier 1 or tier 2 support level role that need to provide troubleshooting and support for XenApp and XenDesktop environments.
It is recommended that learners have basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 environments, Active Directory, group membership within Active Directory, and experience with basic client network connectivity.
Skills and Key Topics
- Upon successful completion of this course, learners are able to perform the following:
- Identify components, communication, and services of Citrix XenApp 6.5.
- Identify components, communication, and services of Citrix XenDesktop 5.6.
- Describe and use the different management consoles.
- Identify and use tools from Citrix for troubleshooting and diagnosing issues (for example: qfarm, lbdiag, Quick Launch).
- Describe delegated administrator privileges for XenApp and XenDesktop.
- Describe the various resource types available for XenApp and XenDesktop.
- Understand the core architecture and communication requirements for the Citrix Receiver, Web Interface, and the XenApp/XenDesktop architecture.
- Understand the XenApp and XenDesktop logon process and cause for possible delays or issues.
- Recognize how XenApp and XenDesktop policies are processed.
- Recognize how Active Directory GPO's apply to sessions.
- View resultant set of policies using policy modeling and view configured policy settings.
- Understand how ICA session printing is routed.
- Identify services and settings that affect printing.
- Understand the Web Interface and Secure Gateway communication processes.
- Manage sessions.
- Shadow users.
- Troubleshoot application issues, including seamless applications.
- Troubleshoot sessions and session connectivity issues.
- Troubleshoot streamed applications and sessions, including offline access to streamed applications.
- Troubleshoot policy issues.
- Troubleshoot common printing issues.
- Troubleshoot client to Web Interface communication issues.
- Troubleshoot Web Interface authentication issues.
- Troubleshoot Web Interface enumeration issues.
- Troubleshoot Secure Gateway.
- Instructor Led Training course providing interactive presentations, discussion topics, and practical application through hands-on lab exercises.
- This course is not part of a certification path.
- XenApp Architecture
- XenApp Communication and Launch Process
- XenApp Management Consoles and Diagnostic Tools
- XenDesktop Architecture
- XenDesktop Communication and Launch Process
- XenDesktop Management Consoles and Diagnostic Tools
- XenApp Published Applications and Desktops
- XenDesktop Virtual Desktops and VM Hosted Apps
- Combining XenApp and XenDesktop
Introduction to Troubleshooting XenApp/XenDesktop:
- XenApp Session Startup Phases
- XenDesktop Session Startup Phases
Troubleshooting Client Connectivity:
- Citrix Receiver
- Web Interface
- Access Gateway
- Troubleshooting Client Connectivity Issues
Troubleshooting XenApp Sessions, Applications and Policies:
- Session Management
- Troubleshooting Server Selection
- Troubleshooting Session Issues
- Troubleshooting Application Issues
- HDX Policy and Policy Issues
- Client Connectivity
- Virtual Desktop Agent and Session Management
- Troubleshooting XenDesktop and VDA Registrations
- Printer Types
- Printer Provisioning
- Printing Pathways
- Printer Policies
- Troubleshooting Printing
About Nahda International Academy
By keeping pace with the contemporary benchmarks of learning, training and skill development, NAHDA International Academy aims to incorporate the advance employment of the modern day converged technologies to maximize the development of its students. The learning and training is carried out in a manner to ensure the global standards of current era's requirements of education and professionalism. The Academy safeguards the concept of active, creative and interactive learning with the provision of vigorous and productive environment.
To enable its pupils to have a stand-out future and fortune, NAHDA International Academy has collaborated with high ranked Schools, Universities, reputed experts of knowledge and technology, professional trainers and development enthusiasts. The Academy is known for its quality education and innovative environment enriched with passion and inventiveness. The educating process is carried out in a way that empowers the individual to exhibit his/her very potential by protecting that individual's unique pattern of thinking and creations.
To meet the present day demands of integrated world and education, NAHDA International Academy has partnered with the world class Universities and institutions around the world including the universities of United Kingdom, United States of America, Europe, Asia and Africa e.g. Frederick University, London School of Marketing, The University of Northampton, The University of Bedfordshire, Atlantic International University, EduQual, Excel High School, Alliance International University This attribute of NAHDA International Academy contributes to be the reason of it managing to stand tall in the highly competitive environment in the region.