To provide participants with the knowledge and skills to function effeclively and safely as a Helicopter Landing Officer (HLO) at installations in , accordance with current industry standards.
- On completion, participants will be able to demonstrate competence in the theory and practice of the follow ing:
- Transmit and receive radio messages between the helicopter and platform.
- Advise the helicopter pilot of weather, wind and sea conditions on site.
- Underslanding of helideck operations and safety requirements / procedures (as per ICAO Standards)
- Ascertain and advise the helicopter pilot as to w hether safety requirements related to aircraft operations have been adhered to.
- Supervise the movements of passengers, baggage and cargo to and from helicopter.
- Familiarity with different helicopter types and their operation and emergency procedures.
- Advise shore stations of helicopter movements, estimated time of atrival (ETA), estimated time of departure (ETD) mid manifest details.
- Ensuring adequate fire protection is provided for each fake ofTand lauding.
- Familiarity with management of dangerous good (DC).
- Helicopter refuelling and procedures (offshore).
- Basic marshalling signals.
- Shutdown and security of aircraft on helideck.
- "Hot” refuelling procedures.
- Ensuring that the platform meets the safety requirements for helicopter operations (i.e.crane/s secured).
- Introduction to specialised operations (Search and Rescue, w inching, mcpac. night operations).
The Emirates Technical & Safety Development Centre [ETSDC] was established in 1994 as a purpose-built training centre, specialising in safety training for the oil and gas and marine industries.
ETSDC is a leading Middle-East specialist in providing world class Safety training to global and regional approved standards.The Centre is situated in Abu Dhabi's Mussafah Industrial Area and has easy access to the sea, which enables us to carry out their lifeboat and fast rescue boat trainings in a realMan Lifting environment, which makes us the only training centre that can run these training in the GCC.See all Emirates Technical & Safety Development Center LLC courses
Aviation Related Questions
I have completed aeronautical engineering program. Which course should I attend to upgarde myself...
Unanswered //Nov 5, 2016 Aviation, Engineering
Could you please help me on which courses should I join to be a part of airport since I have been...
Unanswered //Dec 14, 2016 IATA, Aviation