Hospitals and health institutions dedicated to the delivery of quality service are pivotal to a society’s health as well as its economy. It is a widely known fact that the state of a country’s general health is directly related to the performance of the economy. For this reason, performance in hospitals needs to be monitored closely due to the direct impact it has on Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and the state of the economy Many hospitals and health institutions, especially in developing economies, have no structures in place to monitor and evaluate performance. Ideally effective governance structures (i.e. quality assurance and clear leadership processes with consistent management and cohesive policies designed to ensure that standards of care are maintained) must exist. The implementation of these procedures and policies in hospitals is referred to as clinical governance.
This Programme will Discusses and applies the concepts of healthcare planning and marketing to healthcare delivery, assessment of community needs and resource planning in both ambulatory and clinical settings. Includes health services planning and trends, demand for and use of health services, research methods and sources of marketing and planning data.
What will I learn?
Upon completion of this programme, you should be able to
- Discuss healthcare planning regulations
- Define the differences between marketing and healthcare marketing
- Discuss Certificate of Need
- Define the requirements for federally qualified health centers
- Explore the issues surrounding needs assessment
- Define approaches and techniques of health services research
- Discuss legislative advocacy and community coalition building
- Discuss ways to market healthcare organizations
- Examine healthcare consumers and behaviors
- Define best practices for marketing healthcare products and services
What It Will Cover?
- Introduction and an Overview of Healthcare Planning
- Federally Qualified Health Centers
- Assessing Community Health Needs
- Research for Planning and Marketing
- Determining and Developing Solutions
- How to effectively use the needs assessment team
- Healthcare Marketing Challenges and Evolution
- The Business Planning process
- Healthcare Consumers and Consumer Behavior
- Healthcare Products and Services
- Emerging Marketing Strategies Techniques
- The relationship of marketing research and healthcare decision making
About World Knowledge
A subsidiary of We_They Strategies Corporation , We_They is a World performance improvement company and a leader in sales and technical training, management consulting, and engineering services.
We help improve your organisational effectiveness through innovative and knowledgeable training, consulting, and business improvement services customised to meet your specific needs. With offices throughout The Middle East, we are strategically positioned to serve you at your locations around the world.See all World Knowledge courses