This intensive and informative course provides delegates with an understanding of current health and safety legislation and provides practical options on how best to manage health and safety effectively in the workplace.
It has been updated in line with recent legislation and changes to application in the workplace in line with recommendations from the Health & Safety Executive (HSE).
Is it right for me?
Suitable for all staff responsible for, or needing to increase their awareness of, health and safety at work.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the health and safety requirements in the workplace for your organisation.
- Review health and safety policies in your organisation.
- Set up a structure for a safety management system.
- Put in place safety monitoring techniques.
- Put in place accident prevention techniques.
- Understand the detail of RIDDOR.
- Demonstrate an up-to-date understanding of health and safety legislation.
What will it cover?
Health and Safety Law
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and associated regulations
- Employers' and employees' legal responsibilities
- Duty of care
- Maximum penalties under the Act
- Civil law
Management of Health and Safety at Work
- Adopting a safety culture
- Safety management systems – the Plan, Do, Check, Act approach
- Principles of sensible risk management
- Carrying out a risk assessment
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- The Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992, as amended in 2002
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations 2002
- Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations 1992
- Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations 1992
- Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
- Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- Health and Safety (First aid) Regulations 1981
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013 (RIDDOR)
Accident Prevention and Investigation
- Understanding accidents – changing attitudes and behaviours
- Principles of accident prevention
- Creating a safe working environment
- Principles of active and reactive monitoring
- Accident investigation and reporting
- Requirements under Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013 (RIDDOR)
A subsidiary of We_They Strategies Corporation , We_They is a World performance improvement company and a leader in sales and technical training, management consulting, and engineering services.
We help improve your organisational effectiveness through innovative and knowledgeable training, consulting, and business improvement services customised to meet your specific needs. With offices throughout The Middle East, we are strategically positioned to serve you at your locations around the world.See all World Knowledge courses