As the desktop support manager, you are responsible for executing the operational and tactical plans of desk side support while satisfying customer and business needs. The scope of services the desktop support manager must provide reaches beyond supporting desktops. It includes support for laptops, notebooks, PDAs, printers, and just about anything the company desires that requires face-to-face or desk side support, also known as desktop services, desk side support, technical services, or on-site support.
Designed for both new and experienced desktop support managers, this course helps you learn to satisfy operational demands and build a support function that aligns with the organization, adds value to the business, and delivers on its commitments.
This course is designed to assist you in preparing for the HDI Desktop Support Manager (HDI-DSM) certification exam. Instructors reinforce core concepts of the certification standard and provide skills-building opportunities.
Characteristics of an effective desktop support manager
- How to create service level agreements, operating level agreements, and standard operating procedures in support of a service catalog
- Steps to cost-benefit analysis, total cost of ownership, and calculating return on investment
- The relationships between IT service management processes
- Desktop support technologies
- Processes for desktop support
- Staffing models
- Tactics for screening, hiring, training, and managing high-performance teams
- The metrics and key performance indicators essential to desktop support performance reporting
- Desktop Support
- Effectively Managing Desktop Support Services
- Strategic Management
- Operations Management
- Developing Desktop Support Processes
- Service Support Processes
- Metrics and Quality Assurance
- Managing Your Team
- Promoting Desktop Support
About Global Knowledge Egypt
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses