This course is specifically designed for workers who are involved in clean-up operations, voluntary clean-up operations, emergency response operations, and storage, disposal, or treatment of hazardous substances or uncontrolled hazardous waste sites. Topics include protection against hazardous chemicals, elimination of hazardous chemicals, safety of workers and the environment, OSHA regulations. This course covers topics included in 29 CFR 1910.120.
This course examines proper health and safety procedures and personal protection during work operations at hazardous waste sites.
- The course is designed to develop an awareness of special safety and health hazards at hazardous waste sites.
- Hazard identification and control
- The proper Decontamination procedures that may be used mitigate the hazards.
WHO TO ATTEND
- Construction Foremen and Supervisors
- Safety Officers, Supervisors, and Safety Managers
- Environmental Protection Personnel
- Construction Engineers
- Disaster Site Workers who provide Skilled support services (e.g., utility, Demolition, debris removal or heavy equipment operation) or site clean-up services in response to a disaster.
- Brief History of Health and Safety Law
- Chemistry of Hazardous Substances
- Basic Toxicology
- Physical and Environmental Hazards
- Radiation Hazards
- Medical Monitoring
- Air Monitoring
- Planning and Organization
- Site Characterization
- Site Control
- Emergency Planning and Spill Control
- Example of Site Health and Safety Plan
- Transportation of Hazardous Materials and Wastes
- Confined Spaces
- Excavating, Trenching, and Shoring
About EHS Academy
EHS – Academy (Cairo – Egypt) was established in April 2010 and EHS – Training Centre (Dubai – UAE) was established in June 2011 as an Occupational Safety & Health Training and Consultant Companies.
The founder and owner of EHS – Academy and EHS – Training Centre, Mr. Wagdi Fouad Seffain has conducted since 1981 thousands of International and National Safety & Health Training CTheirses in Egypt and the Middle East, and more than 20,000 persons attended these cTheirses.See all EHS Academy courses