- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 2 Days
- Locations Masaken Sheraton
Learn the installation, configuration and operation of the Hardware Management Console (HMC) for IBM Power Systems and IBM i. Begin with an overview of HMC functions, followed by detailed information on how to install a new HMC, configure network settings and HMC user profiles, create a connection to a managed system, and upgrade an existing HMC. Explore the HMC's Graphical User Interface (GUI) to manage IBM Power Systems. Through online presentations and quizzes, develop the basic skills for backing up HMC and managed system configuration data, performing HMC and microcode software maintenance, and creating logical partitions (LPAR). Additionally, learn how to configure the HMC as a Service Focal Point, enable the service call home function, add or replace hardware, and work with Capacity on Demand. This course provides lectures and hands on labs in a face-to-face classroom setting. The course is also offered in a live virtual classroom environment (ILO -Instructor Led Online) with hands-on labs: Hardware Management Console for System i (OV52GB).
This is an intermediate course for IBM Business Partners, service professionals, and other individuals who administer PowerSystem servers using the HMC.
- Understand the concept and functions of the HMC
- Install a new HMC and configure network settings, create and modify, if necessary, HMC user profiles.
- Explore the HMC GUI for creating a connection to a managed system, performing HMC and microcode software maintenance, creating LPARs, and backing up HMC configuration data
- Develop the skills to add or replace hardware, enable the HMC call home service function and configure the HMC as a Service Focal Point
- Manage Capacity on Demand
- Become familiar with the other functions available on the HMC
You should have:
- basic knowledge of IBM Power Systems hardware and IBM i
- some understanding of Power Systems architecture and service functions Basic understanding of networking is helpful.
- Installing a new HMC
- Guided setup Wizard to configure the HMC
- Local and remote connections to the HMC
- Managed systems, servers, and system profiles
- LPARs and partition profiles
- Dynamic LPAR
- HMC and service processor firmware software maintenance
- HMC users
- Browser Based Interface
- Service focal point
- Capacity on Demand
- Adding or replacing hardware
- Call home service function
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses