We often have to deal with difficult people in our professional environment and sometimes even in our personal everyday life. Any interaction or communication with such people can prove challenging and consumes a lot of our time and energy. Such situations can easily turn emotional and unproductive with long term effects on relationships.
Fortunately difficult people are well studied and psychologists have found a great deal on the origin of their behaviour and subsequently on how best to deal with them based on their inherent weaknesses. This course relies heavily on the latest psychological research and provides several concise easy-to-use formulas that delegates can use to deal with challenging situations promptly.
Course Objectives :
The course is packed with exercises, relevant case studies and role plays that enables delegates to understand the methods better and practice them immediately after introduction. Optional activities and exercises are also provided to easily extend the course and adjust the pace for different needs.
What is the best mental attitude when confronted with challenging people?
- What is the best long terms strategy?
- Why self-examination is important and how best to do it?
- How to deal with conflicts, physically and emotionally?
- What is “ironic processes of mental control” and how can it help in optimising the delivery of your demands?
- How to commit to action and get optimum results next time you are challenged by a difficult person?
In how many different ways can you respond to someone and what results do you expect?
- What are the four responding styles, when to use them and where should you avoid using them?
- How to avoid unpredictable reactions to your comments by observing and analysing the other person for specific signs?
- How to listen and respond emphatically and connect when needed?
How to engage in a conversation and show that you understand and care?
- What to do to stay focused on a conversation and avoid drifting away?
- What is ‘click-wirr’ and how to use it in a conversation?
- How to ask good questions based on your encounter?
- What non-verbal signals you should be aware of and use?
How to handle conflicts?
- What is the optimum process of conflict resolution?
- What are conflict resolutions styles?
- How to use the styles in sequence to get maximum results?
How to deal with confrontations?
- What is APA communication model and how can you use it to manage difficult people?
- How to use the 5-Step Guide to Confrontations?
- What can be learned from confrontation examples?
How to deal with reactive and toxic words?
- How to prevent a challenging conversation by choosing the right words?
- What are the toxic statements, phrases, gestures and attitudes that can significantly affect your conversation and relationship with the other person?
- How to avoid using them and handle people who use them on you?
What are the characteristics of difficult people and how to deal with them?
- What are the example behaviours?
- What are the origins of theirs behaviour?
- How to deal with them?
egabi Learn is a Professional Authorized Training Services and solutions provider covering a wide range of technical and management specializations. In addition, egabi Learn provides Rollout services covering end-to-end implementation to facilitate the entire rollout process as Theyll as outsTheircing services. egabi Learn offers various advanced learning solutions provided by experienced partners.
Since its establishment in 2007, egabi Learn has demonstrated remarkable growth, and is considered as one of the leading training services providers across MEA Region.
egabi Learn has acquired an impressive client base encompassing top multinational companies and key regional businesses from a wide range of business sectors covering government, telecommunication, banking and private sector companies.See all Egabi Learn courses