- Price Payable in two installments
- Duration 2 Years
- Locations Al Moalem Institute
Quantity Surveying as a professional function in construction and civil works projects has been slow to receive recognition in India. However, larger size of projects, tight work schedules and more competitive rates has brought quantity surveying to the forefront. This is a function that combines within itself the elements of Civil Engineering, Economics, Finance, Material Sciences, Statistics, Valuation, Management, etc. Now, the performance of almost the entire function has been computerized. Accordingly GDQS has been designed as an interdisciplinary Programme that builds upon all the aforesaid disciplines.
Being a job oriented Programme, it equips graduates to become site engineers and quantity surveyors with government departments, MES, construction companies and consultants.
Graduates of this Programme, will have competency in:
· Estimation of quantities, preparation of BOO and submission of tenders.
· Building economics from conceptual stage till completion.
· Post-contract functions, monthly valuations and project variance reports.
· Identification of claims and extra items of work at sites.
GRADUATE PROGRAMME IN QUANTITY SURVEYING (GPQS)
Construction Technology and Design Practices
Management of Public Private Partnership Projects
Tendering, Bidding and Contracting
Estimation and Quantity Surveying
Project Management Systems and Techniques
Quality, Safety and Environment Management
Construction Materials and Specifications
Finance Management and Cost Accounting
PROGRAMME STUDY PROCEDURE:
The Graduate Programme duration is 12 months from the date of enrollment, and is split in 2 Modules of 6 months duration. Each module has 4 courses for study, 4 assignments to write and examinations for the 4 courses to attend. One course involves 10 lessons and each lesson needs 7 hours of self-study. An extension of one additional year duration is granted for completion of studies. Student will be charged for the extended period for the appearing of examination fees.
Examinations of the SODE Programmes are usually held two times a year at our Bahrain Center, generally in the months of June and December at the end of each module. It is a course-wise written examination. Pass percentage is 40 in each Course out of 100. A student must register for one module at a time, take examinations at the end of the module and pass at least two courses, then register for the next module.
We provide the students with study materials from NICMAR, Pune. The materials typically comprises of Lesson Books, Assignments to be completed, previous exam question papers for reference. Students are advised to buy the text books wherever possible. There are no Regional Contact Classes held at our Bahrain Center unless and until there are sufficient number of students who would want to attend these classes. RCC also involve additional fees.
This Programme equips graduates to become site engineers and quantity surveyors with government departments, MES, construction companies and consultants.
Al Moalem Institute has been established in 1992 by its founder Aqeel Al A’Ali. For the last two decades, it positions itself as “one of the Middle East region’s leading training provider”. It’s our mission to help individuals and corporate clients to achieve their career goals and influence their organization’s success.
Our Internationally affiliated partners provide comprehensive education, certification and qualifications, enhancing careers of professionals and future professionals and ultimately, achieving better results for the organization they serve.
We are dedicated in offering high-quality training programs to each individual or organization as we put emphasis to each training we conduct which is designed to maximize benefits, provide cost-effective and customer-focused solutions. All projects we undertake are handled with extensive expertise and experience to strategy development, to program implementation, and finally, real gains and delivering results.
Our team is composed of competent professionals who particularly aim to deliver high-quality training. Most of our clients are top companies belonging from the private and government organizations.
The prominent vocational training reference and provider for career advancement and professional development in nationally and regionally.
Committed in providing quality and excellent training services, management advisory and be a pacesetter in providing advanced and modern strategies in training delivery and management by providing best resources and specialized and internationally recognized trainers.
- Customer Satisfaction
- Passion for Excellence
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Continuous Improvement
- Organization and implementation of courses and specialized training programs and professional.
- Design programs and workshops, especially depending on the nature and working environment of customers.
- Implementation of training and collaboration with other international organizations.
- Organize forums, conferences and cultural events.
- Identification and analysis of training needs.
- Design and engineering standard and program excellence for organizations.
- Training and guidance of job seekers in preparation for the Arab market.
- Assess and conduct career orientation and vocational guidance.
- Management consulting, financial and design of functional organizational structure.
Areas of Expertise
- Human Resource Management
- Management and Leadership
- Finance and Accounting
- Business Excellence and Quality management Systems
- Information and Communication Technology
- CAD, Primavera and Staad Pro Training
- Occupational Safety and Health
- General and Business English Language
- 25 Years of excellence provision of human resource development
- First Institute certified with ISO 9001 Quality Management System in the Kingdom of Bahrain
- Granted by Tamkeen to provide the biggest arabic leadership training programme
- Awarded an Excellence Performance for Quality Assessment by the Ministry of Labour