- Duration: 3 Days
A practical hands-on experience in modern day portfolio management and investments. This three day program will cover the main topics of modern portfolio theory and investment analysis. Candidates will be guided through the process of portfolio construction looking at global asset allocation by assessing current global macro conditions, sector analysis based on the business cycle as well as covering portfolio risk and performance analysis. Candidates will be asked to form small teams and operate as competing portfolio management teams. Each group will construct their own multi asset investment portfolios, implemented through sophisticated software on a bespoke simulation-based investment platform in the BIBF Dealing Room.
By the end of this practical course participants will be able to:
- Learn how industry professionals construct balanced investment portfolios breaking the process down into the following areas:
- Global diversification
- Asset allocation
- Sector & stock selection
- Technical analysis
- Portfolio risk management
- Performance measurement
- Learn about the current global macro-economic factors driving today’s global markets
- Learn the difference between the Macro approach and the Micro approach to portfolio construction.
- Learn how equity sector performance changes with the economic and business cycle
- Learn how to measure portfolio performance and risk
- Work as a fund management team to determine an investment strategy and implement this by constructing a real-life investment portfolio by executing trades through an investment bank
- Learn how to adjust investment strategies in response to live news flow and changing market conditions
This programme is designed to deliver an insight into the front office investment process of constructing and managing portfolios. It is relevant to Investment analysts; Portfolio managers; Risk managers/analysts; Dealers; Traders; Treasury sales; Treasury back & middle officers
About Bahrain Institute for Banking & Finance
We_They plays a vital role in the training and development of human capital in the Kingdom of Bahrain. Our commitment to excellence has strengthened our position as the top provider of quality education across all major business disciplines. We serve as a partner to numerous world-class institutions; delivering thought leadership, research and advisory, assessment and training in the areas of Accounting and Finance, Academic, Executive Development, Banking, Leadership and Management, Insurance, Islamic Finance and Information Technology; resulting in a complete business solution.
We_They covers a wide spectrum of subject matter, with over 300 different courses offered to the financial and corporate market; tailor-made training solutions based on organisational requirements; specialised programmes taught by leading market specialists; and professional qualifications and degree programmes in partnership with major international organisations.
We_They continues to exceed global benchmarks for many of the qualifications it offers with its affiliates.
Since its inception in 1981, We_They has grown from training 450 applicants a year primarily within the banking industry, to 20,000 drawing participants from all sectors of the economy, and are proud to have qualified over 200,000 learners in the last 3 decades.
Our faculty comprise of market practitioners, academics and qualified senior industry professionals. Their perse backgrounds ensure an enriched participant experience, striking the perfect balance between theory and practice.
We_They has made its mark internationally with clients in Asia, Africa, Europe, USA and the Middle East, well on its way to becoming the global institute of choice.See all Bahrain Institute for Banking & Finance courses