- Locations: 16 Moustafa Refaat St. Block 1137, Sheraton Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt.
- Duration: 1 Day
The Getting Started with HP Switching and Routing Instructor Led training (ILT) helps network technicians understand the foundational network technologies they need to know before attending the HP A-Series Networking Technologies (ILT) and HP E-Series Networking Technologies (ILT) courses. Specifically, the training covers basic switch functionality, virtual LANs (VLANs), infrastructure device security, IP routing concepts, link aggregation, and network redundancy. This course also provides an overview of HP A-Series switches, which are designed for data centers and enterprises, and E-Series switches, which are designed for small-to-medium businesses (SMBs). In addition, this training describes how each foundational technology is implemented on both A-Series and E-Series switches.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the ways that switches can be categorized, based on their capabilities or form factor.
- Explain how HP A- and E-Series switches help organizations meet today’s business and technical challenges
- Explain factors that can make network infrastructure devices vulnerable to attack and explain how to physically secure infrastructure devices from unauthorized access
- Describe how and why VLANs are implemented on HP E-Series and A-Series switches
- Describe how Layer 3 switches use static and default routes to ensure that traffic reaches its final destination
- List basic components of routing tables and explain the purpose of each component
- Explain how dynamic and static links are implemented on HP switches
- Compare STP, RSTP, and MSTP and explain how they are implemented on HP switches
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of using HP IRF to provide network redundancy
- Module 1: HP Switch Overview
- Module 2: Security Basics
- Module 3: VLAN Basics
- Module 4: Fundamentals of Routing
- Module 5: Link Aggregation
- Module 6: Providing Network Redundancy
About Global Knowledge Egypt
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses