The course offers basic German to beginners without any previous knowledge.
- Conjugation in the present tense
- Addressing people formally and informally
- Word order for sentences and questions
- Use of definite and indefinite articles in the nominative and accusative cases
- Singular- and plural-forms
- General information on persons
- Orientation in a foreign city
- Understand simple information in a text
- Understand information in a map
- Understand international words
- Understand "W"-questions in a text
Writing: Write a short text about a person (name, address, age, nationality, foreign languages, studying, lecture schedule
Listening: To perform listening comprehension tasks
About German University in Cairo (GUC)
The German University in Cairo, GUC, is an Egyptian Private University founded by the presidential decree 27/2002, according to the law number 101/1992 and its executive regulations number 355/1996.
German university in Cairo/Deutsche Universität in Kairo has been established in 2002 in cooperation with the State Universities of Ulm and Stuttgart, under the patronage of the Egyptian Ministry of Higher Education, the Ministry of Science, Research and Arts, State of Baden- Württemberg, Germany, and supported by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), the German Embassy in Cairo, the Arab/German Chamber of Industry and Commerce (AHK), the Federal Ministry of Education and Research, Germany, The State University of Tübingen and The State University of Mannheim.
The German University in Cairo is an independent, non-profit oriented Egyptian private institution, managed by a consortium of Germans and Egyptians with the vision of building a leading center of excellence in teaching and research that will effectively contribute to the general welfare nationally and internationally and endeavour the scientific, technical, economic and cultural cooperation between Egypt and Germany.See all German University in Cairo (GUC) courses