This course is designed to introduce the behavior of non-substance related addictive disorders. This will mainly focus on gambling addiction and will provide you a better image of gambling addiction and prevention and intervention onto it.
What is included in the gambling addiction therapy
- Clinical supervision
- Case review & assessment
- Introduction to class & course description and syllabus review
- Addiction and obsessive compulsive behaviors
- Gambling addiction
- Biological and genetic factors in addictions
- Professional issues / ethics in addictions
- We use the mastery system of education. Besides lecturing, this course provides clinical experience such as: research, case study, group clinical supervision, reflections,discussions & presentation. Assessment includes case study oral and written presentations, group participation, research paper and assignments.
- The topics mentioned above are taught within 3 months. During this period, students will also be given clinical case assignments and presentations to do. Our course is structured as 2 intensive workshop with 6 group clinical supervision & oral / written case presentation for the assessment. Fulfilling the attendance and passing the criteria given will lead to towards the licensed practitioner membership of Adult Psychotherapy, Geriatric Psychotherapy, Family Therapy, Couple Therapy, Child Therapy, Art Therapy and/or Expressive Therapy Divisions of Malaysia Association of Psychotherapy.
Below are the equipments used:
- Psychometric instruments
- Subliminal recordings cds
- PsychoAromatherapy essential oil blends and pots
- Insomnia laboratory diagnostic testing kits
- Insomnia psychonutrtional medicine
- Reference books and journals
- Journaling and art therapeutic materials
- Audio Resources
- White board
- Notes/ books
About International Psychology Center
Our team of professional psychologists and counselors have been accredited practitioner licenses after having met the highest standards of qualifications set by various key professional bodies in Malaysia. This includes The Malaysian Association of Psychotherapy, The Malaysian Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Association, The Malaysian Society for Complementary Medicine, The National Board of Professional and Ethical Standards Hypnosis Education & Certification.See all International Psychology Center courses