- Duration: 24 Months
The Further Education and Training Certificate: Early Childhood Development will enable you to facilitate all-round development of young children in a manner that is sensitive to culture and individual needs (including special needs). It will also enable you to provide quality early childhood development services for children in a variety of contexts, including community-based services, ECD centres, at home and in institutions. In particular, recipients of this qualification will be able to: • Plan and prepare for Early Childhood Development • Facilitate and monitor the development of babies, toddlers and young children • Provide care and support to babies, toddlers and young children. This qualification provides a means for formal recognition of those who are already practising in the field, without ECD qualifications, as well as for those who wish to enter the field. This qualification will also provide a basis for further professional development for experienced practitioners in the field who have had limited or difficult access to further career development opportunities.
Communication and Maths Literacy at NQF Level 3, Grade 11 (Std. 9) and a Second South African language at NQF Level 2, Grade 10 (Std. 8).
- Fundamental: Maths Literacy 7468
- Use Mathematics to investigate and monitor the financial aspects of personal, business, national and international issues 9015
- Apply knowledge of statistics and probability to critically interrogate and effectively communicate findings on life-related problems 9016
- Represent, analyse and calculate shape and motion in a 2 and 3 dimensional space in different contexts Fundamental: Second South African Language - Kommunikasie 119472
- Akkommodering van die gehoor deur middel van mondelinge kommunikasie of lyftaal om sodoende die spreker se boodskap duideliker oor to dra 119457
- Skryf 'n reeks kommunikasietekste 119467
- Taal en kommunikasie in beroepsgerigte leerprogramme 119465
- Interpretasie en gebruik van tekste Fundamental: Communication 119462
- Engage in sustained oral/signed communication and evaluate spoken/signed texts 119469
- Read/view, analyse and respond to a variety of texts 119471
- Use language and communication in occupational learning programmes 119459
- Write/present/sign for a wide range of contexts Core 244468
- Prepare resources and set up the environment to support the development of babies, toddlers and young children 244462
- Work with families and communities to support Early Childhood Development 244484
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the development of babies, toddlers and young children 244480
- Facilitate the holistic development of babies, toddlers and young children 244475
- Observe and report on child development 244472
- Prepare Early Childhood Development programmes with support 244469
- Provide care for babies, toddlers and young children 244485
- Design activities to support the development of babies, toddlers and young children
About Intec College
INTEC College offers the widest range of distance learning courses covering many disciplines from business to creative studies.
INTEC College is one of the South African market leaders in Further Education and Training via distance learning.
INTEC is a modern South African college with a solid track record spanning more than 100 years. With its proud history, INTEC still remains relevant and continues to meet the cultural and academic needs of today’s student.See all Intec College courses