- Duration 24 Hours
- Locations Al Maadi Cairo Governorate Egypt
This course covers core and essential XAML skills. The learner will gain valuable experience developing XAML code in both Visual Studio 2010 and Expression Blend 4. The course teaches the beginner and intermediate tasks that enable the learner to build the foundational skills required to develop professional Silverlight 4 and WPF applications (for the Web, Windows desktops, and Windows Phone 7 devices). The course will include hands-on labs that comprise approximately 50% of the classroom time and enable the student to learn the essential XAML programming tasks that are the building blocks of real-world applications.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe XAML-based applications and the tools they can use to build them.
- Create vector graphics with both Expression Blend 4 and Expression Design 4.
- Create a Silverlight application and a user interface by using various layout controls and other controls from the toolbox.
- Work with key parts and logic of a Silverlight application, such as hosting controls, App events, and InitParams.
- Create XAML objects programmatically.
- Work with Resources, Styles, Control Templates, and Behaviors.
- Implement Transforms, Animations, and Visual States in XAML-based applications.
- Prototype applications by using SketchFlow.
- Module 1: Binding in XAMLThis module familiarizes the students with various binding techniques.
- Module 2: Creating Vector Graphics with Expression Studio 4This module describes how to create vector graphics by using both Expression Blend 4 and Expression Design 4
- Module 3: Laying out a XAML-Based ApplicationThis module describes how to create a simple XAML-based application and how to create a user interface by using various layout controls and other controls from the toolbox.
- Module 4: Developing and Debugging XAML-Based Applications
- Module 5: Creating Controls Programmatically and Working with Media FilesThis module describes how to work with XAML objects programmatically and play audio and video files.
- Module 6: Working with Resources, Styles, Control Templates, and BehaviorsThis module describes how to manage development efforts by using a variety of reusable/modular concepts in XAML-based applications.
- Module 7: Implementing Transforms, Animations, and Visual StatesThis module describes how to use animation techniques in XAML-based applications.
- Module 8: Binding in XAMLThis module familiarizes the students with various binding techniques.
- Module 9: Prototyping Applications by Using SketchFlow in Expression Blend 4This module describes how to use SketchFlow to prototype complex user interfaces and to gather feedback from clients.
Founded and headquartered in Anaheim, California, New Horizons Learning Centers was named the world's largest independent training company by IDC.
The Company is both an operator and franchisor of training centers that offer a broad range of Technical Training, Desktop Application, Business Skills and English Language courses for all levels of users in multiple delivery methods and formats.
New Horizons provides approximately three million student days of instruction annually with location around the globe.
New Horizons sets the pace of innovative training programs that meet the changing needs of the industry. With 2400 qualified instructors in over 2100 classrooms at 300 centers in 60 counters around the world.
New Horizons offers more courses, at more times, in more delivery methods than any other training company.See all New Horizons Egypt courses