It is intended to provide the foundational level knowledge needed to prepare students to begin building a career in Microsoft technologies.
Candidates for this course are seeking to gain fundamental knowledge and skills around security, networking, and administration in Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2. It can apply to home computer users, academic students, information workers, developers, or help desk technicians wishing to begin a new skills path or up-skill to Windows Server technologies. Candidates for this course may also include IT Pros with skills within other IT areas or operating systems (such as Linux) who wish to gain an insight into Windows Server.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe fundamental network components and terminology thus enabling you to select an appropriate network component in a particular scenario.
- Implement a network by selecting network hardware components and technologies and determine the appropriate network hardware and wiring components for a given situation.
- Describe the protocols and services within the Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) suite of protocols and implement IPv4 within a Windows Server environment.
- Select appropriate storage technologies and configure storage on Windows Server.
- Perform a local media-based installation of Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Describe server roles.
- Implement and configure an Active Domain Directory Service (AD DS) forest.
- Describe the concept of defense-in-depth and determine how to implement this approach with Windows Server.
- Identify the security features in Windows Server that help to provide defense-in-depth.
- Identify the network-related security features in Windows Server to mitigate security threats to you network.
- Identify and implement additional software components to enhance your organization’s security.
- Monitor a server to determine the performance level.
- Identify the Windows Server tools available to maintain and troubleshoot Windows Server.
- Create and configure a virtual machine with Hyper-V.
- Module 1: Understanding Network Infrastructure
- Module 2: Connecting Network Components
- Module 3: Implementing TCP/IP
- Module 4: Implementing Storage in Windows Server
- Module 5: Installing and Configuring Windows Server
- Module 6: Windows Server Roles
- Module 7: Implementing Active Directory Domain Services
- Module 8: Implementing IT Security Layers
- Module 9: Implementing Windows Server Security
- Module 10: Implementing Network Security
- Module 11: Implementing Security Software
- Module 12: Monitoring Server Performance
- Module 13: Maintaining Windows Server
- Module 14: Implementing Virtualization
About Nahda Modern Institute
We_They was founded at the beginning of the millennium by a team of enthusiastic IT specialists who wanted to overcome the routine and create a company that would act in the market not only for business success but for the sake of Technology itself. Thus, the mission of the company was defined – to contribute to forward-looking transformation of the society through software development. Over 5 years of work, we have developed a range of solutions and gained ample experience in the services we offer: Custom Software Development, E-commerce Solutions Development, E-learning Solutions Development, Web development, Project Recovery, Consulting, and Quality Assurance.
Our specialists have been providing software development services for multiple clients from India, France and Malaysia, starting from small companies and continuing with very big and well known clients. Over 5 years, we have completed different kinds of projects; and we specialize in automation of business processes used by our clients.See all Nahda Modern Institute courses