- Price TBA
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Villa 346-A, North 90 St, Intersection of Fatma Elzahraa St. Fifth settlement, New Cairo
This instructor-led course introduces students to network and applications infrastructure concepts and configurations provided by Window Server 2008. Students will be able to acquire a fundamental understanding in order to pursue advanced topics available for certification in the network and applications infrastructure areas.
This course is intended for new IT employees or Desktop Support workers moving into server support. The information in this course allows them acquire a fundamental understanding of Windows networks to pursue advanced topics. This course is also useful for those migrating from competitive platforms to Windows Server 2008.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the fundamentals of an enterprise networking environment.
- Describe the typical roles of IT Professionals in an enterprise environment.
- Describe TCP/IPv4 configurations, protocols, and tools.
- Describe the fundamentals of communication technologies.
- Create an IPv4 address range and subnet.
- Configure IPv6 addresses.
- Administer a Windows 2008 server.
- Describe basic security concepts for server roles.
- Describe how to secure network traffic by using certificates.
- Configure Windows Firewall.
- Configure and troubleshoot remote access.
- Describe routing concepts, protocols, and quality of service.
- Configure and test network load balancing.
- Configure network print resources and printing pools.
- Describe the functions included with Windows Server Virtualization (WSV).
Module 1: Fundamentals of Network Infrastructure:
Lab: Identifying Network Components
Module 2: IT Professionals in the Enterprise:
Lab: Developing a Training Plan
Module 3: Configuring Basic TCP/IPv4:
Lab: Configuring Basic TCP/IPv4 Settings and Validating TCP/IPv4 Connectivity
Module4: Fundamentals of Communication Technologies
Module 5: Creating IPv4 Address Spaces:
Lab: Creating IPv4 Address Spaces
Module 6: IPv6 Fundamentals:
Lab: Configuring IPv6
Module 7: Fundamentals of Administering Windows Server 2008:
Lab: Administering Windows Server 2008
Module 8: Security Fundamentals:
Lab: Configuring Data Security
Module 9: Fundamentals of Securing Network Communication:
Lab: Securing a Web Site by using SSL
Module 10: Windows Firewall and Caching Fundamentals:
Lab: Using Windows Firewall
Module 11: Remote Access Fundamentals:
Lab: Implementing Remote Access
Module 12: Routing Fundamentals:
Lab: Configuring Routing
Module 13: Network Load Balancing Fundamentals:
Lab: Implementing Network Load Balancing
Module 14: Configuring Print Resources and Printing Pools:
Lab: Implementing Printing
- Module 15: Server Virtualization Overview
EquiTrain –a pision of Equinox International- equips organizations with IT skills that are the lifeblood of modern corporate life, as Theyll as the professional expertise required for ensuring productivity and to remain competitive now and tomorrow.
At EquiTrain, They tailor end-to-end training solutions that incorporate both IT and business consultancy to the specific needs of each inpidual customer. They can equip yTheir IT professionals with all they need to quickly maximize yTheir new technology investments as Theyll as pushing forward absolute beginners on their road to IT proficiency.
They offer a broad range of IT and Management training cTheirses and certifications from top technology vendors with a choice of on-site or offsite, public or closed and local or abroad training. Their portfolio of cTheirses is supplemented by Their strategic training alliance with world's leading providers of learning solutions.See all Equitrain courses