- Price TBA
- Duration 2 Days
- Locations Amman, Jordan 11171
This training is designed to enable organizations create awareness about the importance and challenges of projects, build capacity among the various management levels to speak the same language and becoming able to support internal and external projects.
By end of the training, attendees should be able to understand why their contribution is so important for the success of the projects, and that managing projects is different from business as usual.
Introduction to project management
- Defining projects and project management
- Project constraints
- Main roles & responsibilities
- Essential skills for the successful project manager
- Project Life Cycle
Setting base for the project startup
- Developing business case
- Obtaining management support
- Why do you need a project charter?
Project management plan
- Contents and structure
- Planning roles & responsibilities
- Plan iteration & update
Planning and controlling the project scope
- Determining business requirements
- Needs vs. benefits
- Why mention out-of-scope items?
- Work breakdown structure (WBS)
Planning and controlling schedule & cost
- Schedule & cost estimation techniques
- Managing the critical path
- Schedule & cost buffers
- Formal vs. informal team members
- Relationships with functional managers
- Ways to influencing people who don’t report to you
- Leading and motivating the project team
- Quality perspectives
- Quality assurance plan
Identifying & responding to project risks
- Sources of project risks
- Planning risk mitigation
- Setting basis for a successful buyer-vendor relationship
- Contract management
Communication & reporting
- Types of project meetings & communication
- Effective meeting management
- Reporting project status
Controlling project change
- Developing the change control system
- Implementing a zero change order concept
Rapid Growth Institute is a project management solutions provider operating in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region. they aim to utilize modern techniques to enable their customers accelerate their projects, achieve high performance and excellence.
their solutions range from training, coaching, recruiting skilled project management restheirces, consulting and project management office (PMO) setup.
Founded in 2010 by a consultant with 30 years of experience delivering services to customers in telecoms, government, banking, manufacturing, oil & gas, mining, airlines, information technology and business sectors in the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Jordan, Sudan and Libya.See all Rapid Growth Institute courses