- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 4 Days
- Locations Villa 346-A, North 90 St, Intersection of Fatma Elzahraa St. Fifth settlement, New Cairo
This instructor-led course provides delegates with the knowledge and skills to begin supporting network security within an organisation. This course will cover security concepts that are prerequisites for attending other Microsoft Official Curriculum (MOC) courses for security specialists and help prepare delegates for the CompTIA Security+ exam. This course has been approved as CompTIA Authorized Quality Curriculum (CAQC) for the CompTIA Security+ certification. The CAQC program assures delegates that all test objectives for the CompTIA Security+ certification exam are covered in the course materials. Although the course focuses on Microsoft product- and technology-specific implementation of security concepts, many of these same concepts can be applied to other technologies.
This course is designed for administrators who are responsible for the day-to-day administration of Microsoft Windows® 2000. Delegates should have general knowledge of networking concepts and one or more years of experience managing Windows 2000. Other IT professionals may also take this course on the path to becoming a security specialist.
- Explain common attacks against network assets, the associated threats and vulnerabilities, and what network security personnel do to secure assets.
- Explain how to use cryptography to secure information and how to choose an appropriate encryption method for an organization.
- Implement secure computing baselines in an organization.
- Secure information in an organization by using authentication and access control.
- Deploy and manage certificates.
- Secure data transmission by identifying threats to network devices and implementing security for common data transmission, remote access, and wireless network traffic.
- Secure Web servers against common attacks and configure security for Web browsers.
- Protect e-mail messages and instant messaging from common security threats.
- Identify common security threats and vulnerabilities to directory services and DNS, and then apply security methods to protect them.
- Identify network perimeter threats and monitor perimeter security for a network.
- Identify types of security policies to manage operational security, and then use these policies to ensure compliance by users in an organization.
- Preserve business continuity by implementing a secure disaster recovery strategy, communicating risks to others, and performing secure backup and recovery.
- Identify, respond to, and assist in the formal investigation of security incidents.
- Preparing to Secure Information
- Explaining How Assets Are Attacked
- Explaining How Assets Are Secured
- Implementing Security-Enhanced Computing Baselines
- Introduction to Trusted Computing Bases
- Establishing a Security Baseline
- Monitoring a Security Baseline
- Helping to Secure Computers Physically
- Maintaining a Security Baseline
- Helping to Protect Information Using Authentication and Access Control
- Introduction to Access Control
- Implementing an Authentication Strategy
- Implementing an Access Control Strategy
- Preserving Business Continuity
- Preparing to Recover from Disasters
- Communicating the Impact of Risks
- Performing a Security-Enhanced Backup and Recovery
- Responding to Security Incidents
- Identifying Security Incidents
- Responding to Security Incidents
- Investigating Security Incidents
- Using Cryptography to Protect Information
- Introduction to Cryptography
- Using Symmetric Encryption
- Using Hash Functions
- Using Public Key Encryption
- Using a PKI to Protect Information
- Introduction to Certificates
- Introduction to Public Key Infrastructure
- Deploying and Managing Certificates
- Securing Internet Applications and Components
- Helping to Protect Web Servers
- Configuring Security for Common Internet Protocols
- Configuring Security for Web Browsers
- Configuring Security for Databases
- Implementing Security for E-Mail and Instant Messaging
- Securing E-Mail Servers
- Securing E-Mail Clients
- Securing Instant Messaging
- Managing Operational Security
- Establishing Security Policies and Procedures
- Educating Users about Security Policies
- Applying Security Policies to Operational Management
- Resolving Ethical Dilemmas When Helping to Protect Assets
- Implementing and Monitoring Security for Network Perimeters
- Introduction to Network Perimeters
- Implementing Security on Inbound and Outbound Network Traffic
- Monitoring Network Traffic
- Managing Security for Directory Services and DNS
- Helping protect Directory Services Against Common Threats
- Helping Protect DNS Against Common Threats
- Securing Data Transmission
- Identifying Threats to Network Devices
- Implementing Security for Common Data Transmission, Remote Access and Wireless Network Traffi
EquiTrain –a pision of Equinox International- equips organizations with IT skills that are the lifeblood of modern corporate life, as Theyll as the professional expertise required for ensuring productivity and to remain competitive now and tomorrow.
At EquiTrain, They tailor end-to-end training solutions that incorporate both IT and business consultancy to the specific needs of each inpidual customer. They can equip yTheir IT professionals with all they need to quickly maximize yTheir new technology investments as Theyll as pushing forward absolute beginners on their road to IT proficiency.
They offer a broad range of IT and Management training cTheirses and certifications from top technology vendors with a choice of on-site or offsite, public or closed and local or abroad training. Their portfolio of cTheirses is supplemented by Their strategic training alliance with world's leading providers of learning solutions.See all Equitrain courses