- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Masaken Sheraton
Learn about the Fundamental building blocks that go into building a Windows Server infrastructure with Windows Server 2012. This course covers the basic skills and knowledge that are required in order to build a Windows Server Infrastructure. It covers networking architecture and topologies, security considerations and best practices as well as basic Windows Server administration skills and technologies such as Windows Server 2012 Installation, configuration, maintenance and performance. Within that it will also cover specific areas such as Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Domain Name Services (DNS), Storage and many others.This course is designed to provide foundational level knowledge needed to prepare students to start a career or cross train in Microsoft Windows Server technologies.
- Perform a local media-based installation of Windows Server 2012.
- Select appropriate storage technologies and configure storage onWindows Server.
- Describe fundamental network components and terminology thus enabling you to select an appropriate network component in a particular scenario.
- Implement a network by selecting network hardware components and technologies and determine the appropriate network hardware and wiring components for a given situation.
- Describe the protocols and services within the Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) suite of protocols and implement IPv4 within a Windows Server environment.
- Describe server roles.
- Implement and configure an Active Directory Domain Service (AD DS) forest.
- Describe the concept of defense-in-depth and determine how to implement this approach with Windows Server.
- Identify the security features in Windows Server that help to provide defense-in-depth.
- Identify the network-related security features in Windows Server to mitigate security threats to you network.
- Identify and implement additional software components to enhance your organization’s security
- Monitor a server to determine the performance level.
- Identify the Windows Server tools available to maintain and troubleshoot Windows Server.
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses