- Locations: Knowledge Village
- Duration: 8 Weeks
- Timings Sunday to Thursday (10:00 am- 05:00 pm)
Full Make-up Diploma Course 8 Week Foundation/Fashion/Photographic/Media & Special Effects Make-up Diploma Course (Sun-Thurs) Code: MU08 The ultimate course for those who are serious about a career in high-fashion Make-up Artistry. This course will take you from a basic foundation level, through to a high level of photographic and creative make-up. Working in pairs, the students work on each other to gain the widest range of experience. A vast range of top brand make-up and equipment supplied for class use.
On the course you will have one Studio Colour photoshoot and one Monochrome photoshoot. The course covers:
- Hygiene, health and safety Full client consultation: skin analysis, face shape, eye brow shape
- Skin preparation: cleansing, toning and moisturizing
- Contouring: facial geometry and bone structure
- Colour wheel – theory and identification (cool rose/warm peach)
- Colour correction (warming/cooling)
- Choosing and application of foundation Concealer choice and application
- Sun kissing (application of bronzer, shading, highlighting
- Powder application Application of eye makeup showing a number of techniques
- Application of false lashes both strip and individual
- Lipstick, blusher application
- Product awareness.
- Day and Evening Make-up
- European Bridal Make-up
- Catwalk beauty Make-up
- Creative Make-up including eyebrow concealing
- Diamontes and Feathers
- Glamorous Make-up
- Photographic Make-up Monochrome
- Men's Grooming: theory only (the college policy doesn't permit application on men).
- Vintage Make-up
- Pin up Make-up
- Photographic Shoot Fantasy Make-up
- Sixties Make-up
- Smokey Eyes
- Face and Body Painting
- French Revolution
- Ancient Egyptian
- Beard / Moustache / Stubble Spots / Blemish Pigmented Mole with hair
- Open Bleeding
- Wound Bullet Hole / Severed Finger Bruise Old Scar Cold Sore /Scab
- Hair Blow Dry / Hair Sectioning / Back Brushing / Combing Up Styles / Chignon 3 Strand and Fish Tail Plaits / French Pleat Pin-Curls / Rag Curls
After this course, you will be required to complete a portfolio and sit an examination which you must pass at 80% to gain your qualifications.
About London College of Make-Up
London College of Make-up (LCM) is a British college offering courses for those who wish to start a new career or to upgrade their current profession in make-up artistry. It is the largest, private college in the UAE providing the highest standard of make-up education and session hair styling. We offer the universally recognized IMA (International Make-up Association) qualifications from London in both certificate and diploma level.
- Female (Only)
- The minimum age for entry to this course is 18 years - no exceptions
- There is no upper age limit.
What career paths will be open to me?
If you are looking for a new career in fashion make-up artistry, look no further. London College of Make-up can help launch you into the industry with our intensive make-up courses. All of our talented teaching staff are full time celebrity working make-up artists from the industry whose make up artistry, knowledge, techniques and experience will be passed on to you and help you aspire to which ever level you are hoping to reach.
There are many different facets when choosing to work in the make-up industry, from high fashion photographic work to studio and cat walk plus theater and special effects.
For others it may be retailing an exciting high street fashion make-up brand. Whichever you choose it requires determination and drive as well as talent plus an eye for detail and color.
The majority of professionals working in make-up artistry are self-employed and therefore depend on finding jobs through their on line portfolio of work and in some cases via connections with photographers, stylists and agents. Therefore the importance of networking cannot be stressed enough; however the rewards and satisfaction in this exciting job are enormous.
There is also a large industry in consumer make up whereby using your make up artistry skills you can concentrates on the general public for special occasion, wedding or ethnic make-up. It is not necessary to have any prior knowledge when embarking on one of The London College of Make-up foundation courses as our team of professional working make-up artists is there to encourage and draw out any hidden talent within the student.See all London College of Make-Up courses