- Price AED 8,000
- Duration 2 Weeks
- Timings Sunday to Thursday (10:00 am - 05:00 pm)
- Call +971 4 2753473
- Locations Knowledge Village
This is a two-week course designed for those wishing to learn basic professional skills up to special occasion and bridal level. A vast range of top brand make-up provided for class use with course notes.
The course covers:
- Hygiene, health and safety
- Full client consultation: skin analysis, face shape, eye brow shape
- Skin preparation: cleansing, toning and moisturizing
- Contouring: facial geometry and bone structure
- Colour wheel – theory and identification (cool rose/warm peach)
- Colour correction (warming/cooling)
- Choosing and application of foundation
- Concealer choice and application
- Sun kissing (application of bronzer, shading, highlighting)
- Powder application
- Application of eye makeup showing a number of techniques including the classic smoky eyes and flick eyeliner
- Application of false lashes both strip and individual
- Lipstick, blusher application
- Product awareness.
- Day and Evening Make-up
- European Bridal Make-up: English Rose
- Men's Grooming: theory only (the college policy doesn't permit application on men)
Working in a professional make-up studio environment there is a good balance of demonstration and hands-on work.
A working log of your work during your course is required, along with a short research plan and simple business plan.
You will have to complete a practical assessment and the written pieces of work needed to complete the qualification have to be submitted within one month of completing the course.
London College of Make-up (LCM) is a British college offering courses for those who wish to start a new career or to upgrade their current profession in make-up artistry. It is the largest, private college in the UAE providing the highest standard of make-up education and session hair styling. We offer the universally recognized IMA (International Make-up Association) qualifications from London in both certificate and diploma level.
- Female (Only)
- The minimum age for entry to this course is 18 years - no exceptions
- There is no upper age limit.
What career paths will be open to me?
If you are looking for a new career in fashion make-up artistry, look no further. London College of Make-up can help launch you into the industry with our intensive make-up courses. All of our talented teaching staff are full time celebrity working make-up artists from the industry whose make up artistry, knowledge, techniques and experience will be passed on to you and help you aspire to which ever level you are hoping to reach.
There are many different facets when choosing to work in the make-up industry, from high fashion photographic work to studio and cat walk plus theater and special effects.
For others it may be retailing an exciting high street fashion make-up brand. Whichever you choose it requires determination and drive as well as talent plus an eye for detail and color.
The majority of professionals working in make-up artistry are self-employed and therefore depend on finding jobs through their on line portfolio of work and in some cases via connections with photographers, stylists and agents. Therefore the importance of networking cannot be stressed enough; however the rewards and satisfaction in this exciting job are enormous.
There is also a large industry in consumer make up whereby using your make up artistry skills you can concentrates on the general public for special occasion, wedding or ethnic make-up. It is not necessary to have any prior knowledge when embarking on one of The London College of Make-up foundation courses as our team of professional working make-up artists is there to encourage and draw out any hidden talent within the student.See all London College of Make-Up courses