- Price TBA
- Duration 1 Day
- Locations Villa 346-A, North 90 St, Intersection of Fatma Elzahraa St. Fifth settlement, New Cairo
The FortiManager Centralized Device Management course provides one day of instructor-led training (in a public or private on-site class setting) where participants will gain an understanding of the tasks involved in managing device configurations using a FortiManager appliance.
Hands-on labs allow students to perform some of the tasks associated with configuring managed devices, creating and distributing centralized policies and monitoring the status of managed devices.
This course is intended for administrators responsible for managing the configuration of devices in a Fortinet infrastructure and is geared to professionals with a solid knowledge of the concepts involved in the operation of a FortiGate device.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the features of the FortiManager device.
- Describe the steps in a typical device management scenario.
Understand the differences between operating the FortiManager device in
Element Management System mode (EMS) and Global Management System mode
- Understand the use and configuration of Administrative Domains.
- Add devices to be centrally managed through FortiManager.
- Configure managed devices and install changes.
- Create policy objects and policies through FortiManager.
- Manage FortiClient installations centrally.
- Create groups for managed devices and client software installations.
- Configure alerts.
- Define monitors to track performance of managed devices.
- Configure FortiManager to operate as a Fortinet Distribution Server.
- Configure system settings for the FortiManager device.
Lesson 1 – FortiManager Overview
- FortiManager Features
- Device Lifecycle Management
- FortiManager Workflow
- FortiManager Appliance Family
- Administration Interfaces
Lesson 2 – Operating Modes
- Element Management System Mode
- Global Management System Mode
- Administrative Domains
Lesson 3 – Managing Devices
- Adding Devices
- Configuring Devices
- Device Configuration Objects
- Configuration and Installation Status
Lesson 4 – FortiClient Manager
- Installing FortiClient With Central Management Enabled
- Managing FortiClient Licensing
- Adding FortiClient PCs
- Viewing Managed FortiClient PCs
- FortiClient Groups
- Managing FortiClient Configurations
Lesson 5 – Real-Time Monitor
- Device Logs
Lesson 6 – FortiGuard Services
- FortiGuard Distribution Network
- Configuring FortiManager as a Private FDS
- Configuring Devices to Use the FortiManager FDS
- Monitoring Service Usage
Lesson 7 – System Settings
- General Settings
- Network Settings
- Administration Settings
- Local Logs
- Firmware Images
- High Availability
EquiTrain –a pision of Equinox International- equips organizations with IT skills that are the lifeblood of modern corporate life, as Theyll as the professional expertise required for ensuring productivity and to remain competitive now and tomorrow.
At EquiTrain, They tailor end-to-end training solutions that incorporate both IT and business consultancy to the specific needs of each inpidual customer. They can equip yTheir IT professionals with all they need to quickly maximize yTheir new technology investments as Theyll as pushing forward absolute beginners on their road to IT proficiency.
They offer a broad range of IT and Management training cTheirses and certifications from top technology vendors with a choice of on-site or offsite, public or closed and local or abroad training. Their portfolio of cTheirses is supplemented by Their strategic training alliance with world's leading providers of learning solutions.See all Equitrain courses