- Locations: Villa 346-A, North 90 St, Intersection of Fatma Elzahraa St. Fifth settlement, New Cairo
- Duration: 2 Days
FortiMail Email Filtering is a instructor-led course with comprehensive hands-on labs to provide you with the skills needed to configure, manage and maintain a FortiMail Secure Messaging Platform.
By the completion of this course, participants will gain a solid understanding of how to integrate a FortiMail Secure Messaging appliance into their existing email infrastructure in order to provide maximum protection against blended email-related threats and facilitate regulatory compliance.
- This course is intended for anyone who is planning, implementing and administrating the FortiMail Secure Messaging platform.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Use the Web Config and CLI to perform administration and maintenance functions for the FortiMail security appliance including system backups, routing and domain configuration, HA failover setup, antispam quarantine management and report generation.
- Protect valuable corporate MTA processing resources by validating recipients and blocking messages to invalid users using recipient verification capabilities.
- Configure policies to apply inspection and protection profiles for ongoing corporate email security and the enforcement of email policy.
- Understand the system architecture of a FortiMail appliance, how email flows through it, and how it applies intelligent routing and policies to message traffic.
- Configure protection profiles for multi-layered antivirus, antispam, and antispyware security protection.
- Use system session profiles to set mail client connection thresholds and cut-off MTA accessibility to spammers.
- Configure archiving features to comply with best practices email archiving guidelines.
- Deploy antispam filtering techniques including deep header inspection, heuristics, image scan, banned words, third-party DNSBL and SURBL servers and the FortiGuard Antispam Service.
- Configure antivirus filtering profiles to apply antivirus scanning and remove viruses and spyware embedded in email.
- Integrate the FortiMail unit to an existing LDAP directory to dynamically retrieve specific configuration data.
- Regulate the usage of company resources and secure the data transmission by using best of breed technologies such as SMTPS, SMTP over TLS, S/MIME and IBE.
- Maximize the configurations of the three operational modes (Server, Transparent and Gateway) to fulfill any business requirement.
AGENDA - Day 1
- Summary of FortiMail Benefits
- FortiMail Operating Modes
- FortiMail Family of Security Appliances
- Mail Message Flow
- Administration Interfaces
- FortiMail Network Configuration
- System Administrators
- FortiMail Logging
- FortiMail Email Handling
- Email Domain
- Configuring a Protected Domain
- Recipient Verification
- Quarantine Management
- Domain Association
- Email User Management
- User Alias and Address Map
- Managing Mail Storage and Mail Queues
Access Control and Inspection
- Policies and Profiles
- Access Receive Rules
- Policy Types
- Recipient Based Policies
- IP-Based Policies
- FortiMail Antispam Techniques
- Fortinet FortiGuard Antispam Service
- Session Based and Application Based Inspection
- Antispam Profiles
- Antispam Techniques
- Bounce Address Tag Configuration
- Black/White Lists
- X-FEAS Tags
- Configuring Session Profiles
Content Inspection and Archiving
- Virus Detection
- Antivirus Profile
- Content Profile Usage
- Attachment Filtering
- File Type Filtering
- Content Monitoring Inspection
- Content Based Encryption
- Defer Delivery of Email Messages
- Email Archiving
- Archive Accounts
- Email Archiving and Exemption Policies
- Managing Archived Email
AGENDA - Day 2
- Email Trends and Privacy Concerns
- SMTP Authentication
- Recipient-Based Authentication
- IP-Based Authentication
- Access Control Receive Rules
- SMTPS (Secure SMTP)
- SMTP over Transport Layer Security (TLS)
- TLS Profile
- Identity Based Encryption (IBE)
- Secure Mail Delivery Methods
- IBE Secure Portal
- IBE User Management
- LDAP Profile
- User Query
- Recipient Address Verification
- Automatic Removal of Invalid Quarantine Accounts
- Domain Verification
- Group Query
- User Authentication
- User Alias
- Mail Routing
- Advanced LDAP Settings
- FortiMail Storage Structure
- System Information
- Troubleshooting Commands
- Transparent Mode Advantages
- Configuring Network Interfaces
- Deployment Scenarios
- Transparent Mode Options
- Transparent Mode Mail Flow
- Built-in MTA
ForiMail High Availability
- HA Deployment Modes
- Configuration Share (Config-only) Mode
- Active-Passive Mode
- Implementing HA
- Active-Passive Settings
- Config-Only Mode Settings
- Active Passive Data Synchronization
- Heartbeat Parameters
- HA Service Monitor
- HA Status Monitoring
- Firmware Upgrade Procedure
- Server Mode Introduction
- Users and User Groups
- Resource Profiles
- Mail Storage
- NAS Configuration
- User Account Management
- Groupware Functionalities
EquiTrain –a pision of Equinox International- equips organizations with IT skills that are the lifeblood of modern corporate life, as Theyll as the professional expertise required for ensuring productivity and to remain competitive now and tomorrow.
At EquiTrain, They tailor end-to-end training solutions that incorporate both IT and business consultancy to the specific needs of each inpidual customer. They can equip yTheir IT professionals with all they need to quickly maximize yTheir new technology investments as Theyll as pushing forward absolute beginners on their road to IT proficiency.
They offer a broad range of IT and Management training cTheirses and certifications from top technology vendors with a choice of on-site or offsite, public or closed and local or abroad training. Their portfolio of cTheirses is supplemented by Their strategic training alliance with world's leading providers of learning solutions.See all Equitrain courses