This course introduces the participants to foreign exchange in line with the current ACI syllabus. It deals with what is foreign exchange, terminology, spot and forward rates and developing a basic understanding of the trading in foreign exchange markets.
Upon the completion of this course, the participant will:
- Have an understanding of the history and development of the foreign exchange market
- Calculate the profit and loss figure
- Calculate spot, cross and forward rates
- Have an understanding of the FX swaps
- History and development of the foreign exchange markets and their participants
- Definition of foreign exchange
- Factors affecting Foreign Exchange
- Spot exchange rate and quotations and basic spot dealing terminology
- Calculating the profit and loss figure
- Forward FX transactions and its relationship with interest rates
- Outright forwards and FX swaps
- Use of Outright forwards in taking currency risk
- Use of FX swaps in rolling spot positions
- Hedging outright forwards
- Creating synthetic foreign currency assets and liabilities
- New entrants to Treasury Dept; Junior Dealers; FX Traders; Corporate Desk Dealers; Treasury Operations staff ; Middle Office Staff; Auditors; Compliance Officers; Risk Managers; System Developers; Other business units where foreign exchange market is an important element in their work; Finance Officers in Corporations / Import & Export / Insurance
- Lectures group discussions, exercises and video shows
About Qatar Finance & Business Academy
Qatar has taken significant steps towards creating a modern, knowledge-based economy, as the basis for a stable and sustainable future.
In order to live up to this revelation, We_They was established in 2009 under the auspices of Qatar Financial Centre Authority - QFCA to raise the financial services industry standards and help organizations and professionals achieve their learning and business objectives, thus aligned with Qatar 2030 vision.
We specialize in providing training and developing the financial sector. We believe that such an investment is a key strategy to support a modern, industrialized, knowledge-based economy.See all Qatar Finance & Business Academy courses