By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify the key skills and characteristics of successful leaders and team managers.
- Demonstrate flexibility across the leadership styles and develop personal strategies for enhancing the effectiveness of your team.
- Develop your team’s strengths.
- Manage different personalities and encourage mutual respect and cooperation from all team members.
- Manage effective team meetings and briefings and carry out delegation duties assertively.
- Resolve conflict and deal with difficult people and situations confidently and positively.
- Create and maintain an ongoing action plan for continuous improvement of the team and your individual management and leadership skills.
The Art of Effective Team Management and Leadership:
- Understanding the role and characteristics of a successful leader.
- Recognizing and reviewing your personal style of leadership.
- Assessing the key leadership skills.
The Effective Team:
- Identifying the traits of an effective team.
- The key techniques for competent team working.
- Managing the expectations of your team.
Building a Successful Team:
- Distinguishing team roles and responsibilities.
- Creating the ability to recognise and manage different personalities .
- Encouraging mutual respect and cooperation with your team.
- Identifying team strengths and development areas.
Motivating to Achieve Results:
- Setting a clear direction.
- Keeping the team on target.
- Providing support and recognition.
Keeping Communication Channels Open:
- Assertive team briefing and meetings.
- Dealing with difficult situations.
- Handling conflict within the team and promoting cooperative team behavior.
Enhancing Team Performance through Training and Development:
- Developing the skills of individuals.
- Problem-solving and decision making within the team.
- Empowering your team.
- Creating your personal development plan.
- Creating your team development plan.
Designed for supervisors and team leaders who are looking to provide leadership to their team and ensure maximum effort, commitment and motivation in the achievement of their objectives. This course is a progression from 'People Management Skills for New Supervisors and Team Leaders.
To become a leading institution in providing a package of value added services; all bundled together for the purpose of achieving organizational excellence and maximizing human assets outputs.See all Leadership & Management Developmenet Center courses