- Locations: Agouza
- Duration: 2 Days
It is the chef’s role to consistently present well-flavored foods to excite the consumer’s brain and palate. In order to do so the chef must understand how to flavor foods and be able to recognize flavoring ingredients and know how to use them.
This course covers the sense of taste and smell and the flavoring ingredients used in the professional kitchen to enhance foods. Flavorings such as the herbs, spices, salt, oils, vinegars, condiments and others typically used to create, enhance or alter the natural flavors of a dish are featured. Practical sessions show chefs how to taste foods.
Structure of the workshop and topics covered:
- Basic principles of the physiology of the sense of taste and smell
- How we taste and smell foods
- How flavors marry, oppose or juxtapose
- Factors that affect the perception of flavors
- Describing food by using food flavor profiles
- Identification of a variety of herbs, spices, oils, vinegars and other flavorings
- How to use flavoring ingredients to create, enhance or alter the natural flavors of a dish
- Selection of the International flavor principles
About Egyptian Chefs Association
The Egypt Young Chefs Club (EYCC) is the youth arm of the Egyptian Chefs Association. Their organization nurtures youthful talent in the food and beverages field and is reputed for its distinctive mission, excellent culinary standards and dedication to promoting continuous improvement in the profession. They aspire to build a community where young professionals will enjoy an open society in which information exchange and networking are the hallmarks of its mission.See all Egyptian Chefs Association courses