- Fees / Price QAR 4,800
- Duration 3 Days
- Locations Somerset West Bay Doha
The course provides an introduction to the fixed income securities, valuation of bond yields, duration and duration hedging and bond management strategies.
Upon the completion of this course, the participant will:
- Have an understanding of fixed income instruments and their terminologies
- Be able to find out prices, yields and maturity of bonds
- Have an understanding of the implications of bond prices and yields
- Have an understanding of duration hedging, cash flow matching and immunization
- Understanding bonds and terminology
- Fixed income arithmetic
- Interest rates: coupon, market yield, inflation rates
- Term structure of interest rates and yield spreads
- Relationship between interest rates and bond prices
- Duration and interest rate risk
- Price value basis point (PVBP) and its relation to duration
- Duration hedging strategies
- Convexity and immunization
- Investment Bankers; Management Trainees; Portfolio Managers; Bank Managers; Treasury Staff; Credit Analysts/Accounts officers; Fund Managers; Financial Controllers
- Lectures, modelling with excel, videos and cases
Qatar has taken significant steps towards creating a modern, knowledge-based economy, as the basis for a stable and sustainable future.
In order to live up to this revelation, We_They was established in 2009 under the auspices of Qatar Financial Centre Authority - QFCA to raise the financial services industry standards and help organizations and professionals achieve their learning and business objectives, thus aligned with Qatar 2030 vision.
We specialize in providing training and developing the financial sector. We believe that such an investment is a key strategy to support a modern, industrialized, knowledge-based economy.See all Qatar Finance & Business Academy courses