- Payment Terms: Enquire
- Locations: Riyadh Eastern Province - Saudi Arabia Toronto Al Kuwait - Al Asimah Doha Al Khobar - Khobar Al Ghubrah Ash Shamaliyyah - Muscat As Sahifah - Jeddah Montreal Melbourne Qudaibiya - Manama England - United Kingdom Kuala Lumpur Perth Sydney Edinburgh
- Duration / Course length: 5 Days
Course detailsThe course offers a unique blend of foundational health and safety management along with how to create a high performing safety culture in an organization. The course will use practical planning tools and expertly-facilitated exercises to help participants develop processes and plan to improve their safety culture.
What's Special About This Course?
This course is run by Steve Marchant, a highly experienced global process owner (GPO) of behavioral based and value driven safety who is also a regular key note speaker at Safety Conferences in the USA, Malaysia and the UK. You will have a chance to learn from a highly sought-after leader who is an expert in developing high performing safety culture for organizations.
Also, remember that this course is operated by WorleyParsons, a key and widely recognized player in the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) field.
Day 1 - Risk Assessment - a practical session introducing the principles of Health and Safety Risk Assessment along with a worked practical example from your business. Discusses the nature and types of risk along with the application of suitable and sufficient control measures.
Day 2 and 3 - Leading Staff Safely - a review of the obligations leadership has for leading staff safely and ensuring compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements as well as your moral duty of care towards employees.
Day 4 - Understanding safety culture - during the day we will discuss what makes people do what they do, understand the leadership and organizational behaviours that effect performance, discuss human performance factors and how to manage them and develop and individual Health and Safety Contract
Day 5 - Safety Culture Improvement Planning - using a tried and tested tool investigate your current culture and develop a detailed plan on how to plan for and deliver the cultural change you are looking for.
• Risk Assessment
o The nature of hazards
o Identifying risks to both health and Safety
o Understanding likelihood and severity and how they affect Risk
o Where specific Risk Assessment formats should be used
o Developing suitable control measures
o Reviewing a Risk Assessment - when and how?
• Leading Staff Safely
o The main UK legislation relating to health and safety, its enforcement and the consequences of breaching the regulations
o Health and safety policies and management systems
o the role of the manager in risk assessments ( follows on from day 1)
o Health and safety inspections, audits, record keeping and safety briefings
o Emergency evacuation procedures
o Receiving new starters
o Monitoring the health, safety and welfare of employees
o Requirements for vulnerable groups
o •Reporting and investigating accidents and near misses.
• Understanding Safety Culture
o Intro to Personal Safety Leadership
o Why we need to shift our focus and the 8 cultural shifts required.
o The importance of committed leadership
o Developing Personal Safety Charters
• Planning a Cultural Change
• An explanation of Safety Culture Maturity
• using the Cultural Improvement Survey Tool (In the workshop)
• Understanding how the tool can be used across your organisation
• Reviewing your current culture and developing targets for the short, medium and long term.
• Developing your personal plan
Updated on 04 September, 2018
About WorleyParsons Academy
‘Accelerating people capability and performance across the full asset lifecycle’
We want to help our clients empower their people, maximizing professional capabilities to sustain asset integrity and growth. The Academy’s offerings will create a learning experience that will engage, inspire and empower learners to transfer their knowledge back into the workplace.
What we Offer
The Worley Academy delivers learning and development programs through; public courses, long–term alliances, tailored programs, and specialized consultancy. With over 90 instructors and 200 courses, our training capability covers a range of disciplines needed for continuing professional development.
- Have access to the most current/up to date knowledge of industry norms/trends
- Are intimately aware of client requirements/wants
- Are able to effectively adapt courses for individual clients
- Are positioned to offer training in an extensive number of countries/regions
- Have instructors with current practical operational or asset delivery experience
- All of our courses can be tailored and delivered in-house.
All of our courses can be tailored and delivered in-house.See all WorleyParsons Academy courses
Enquire about this course
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.