- Payment Terms: Enquire
- Locations: Riyadh Eastern Province - Saudi Arabia Toronto Al Kuwait - Al Asimah Doha Al Khobar - Khobar Al Ghubrah Ash Shamaliyyah - Muscat As Sahifah - Jeddah Montreal Melbourne Qudaibiya - Manama England - United Kingdom Kuala Lumpur Perth Sydney Edinburgh
- Duration / Course length: 5 Days
Course detailsBy increasing your fundamental knowledge, this 5 day program, aims to demystify process safety principles for leaders and managers. Using a practical model, delegates will learn how to bridge that gap between the 'theory' of process safety procedures with the realities of production 'practice'. This course will provide guidance on how to equip front line operators to be good decision makers under complex circumstances.
What's Special About This Course?
This course is run by Howard Thomas, a highly accredited and professional chemical engineer who has worked on hydrocarbon installations globally and delivered multi-million dollar competency programs for the new LNG assets in Australia under the Clough AMEC banner. As well as designing the programs, Howard also delivered the foundational training from physics and chemistry to full scale LNG optimization. He is widely recognized in his field, and being pursued by many energy companies. You will have the chance to not only learn the fundamentals of practical process safety but have a chance to speak and network!
Also, remember that this course is operated by WorleyParsons, a key and widely recognized player in the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) ;
This course does not confuse slips, trips and falls with process safety nor is it another session about the Baker report, the Cullen report, Montara or Macondo (Deep water Horizon). What this course does is consider the impact of lessons learned on day to day practice, and draws the conclusion that treating safety as an addition complicates matters.
Despite Safety Case regimes, the majority of conclusions from major incidents which have occurred over the past thirty years have a very common theme; that there is a human gap between theory and practice. This course works towards the outcomes we all desire and deserve, focusing on integrating process safety with normal day to day business.
You will Learn How to
This course aims to teach in an interesting and new way, to demystify process safety, because everybody needs to understand process safety not just engineers.
In this course you will learn:
- Practical understanding of fundamentals that enable you to learn the principles of process safety.
- A simple model for proactively improving process safety and integrity.
- Alignment of the safety procedures and systems needed to gain regulatory approval with the model for continuous improvement of process safety.
- Easier ways of communicating with operators, who can then understand and proactively avoid safety risks.
Topics covered in this course span both technical content and the latest thinking in complexity science and its impact on human cognition.
- Technical topics: Safety cases, performance standards, inherent safety, safety integrity levels, HAZOP, bow ties, and LOPA, will all be covered, alongside quantitative risk
- Complexity Science topics: Human decision making, relationship complexity, competition on limited resources.
- Performance improvement topics: Process safety pyramid, leading indicators and integration with asset management.
About WorleyParsons Academy
‘Accelerating people capability and performance across the full asset lifecycle’
We want to help our clients empower their people, maximizing professional capabilities to sustain asset integrity and growth. The Academy’s offerings will create a learning experience that will engage, inspire and empower learners to transfer their knowledge back into the workplace.
What we Offer
The Worley Academy delivers learning and development programs through; public courses, long–term alliances, tailored programs, and specialized consultancy. With over 90 instructors and 200 courses, our training capability covers a range of disciplines needed for continuing professional development.
- Have access to the most current/up to date knowledge of industry norms/trends
- Are intimately aware of client requirements/wants
- Are able to effectively adapt courses for individual clients
- Are positioned to offer training in an extensive number of countries/regions
- Have instructors with current practical operational or asset delivery experience
- All of our courses can be tailored and delivered in-house.
All of our courses can be tailored and delivered in-house.See all WorleyParsons Academy courses
Enquire about this course
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.