Course detailsData collection and monitoring and evaluation (M&E) have always been an integral part of development work. ICT tools such as mobile devices and software that allows users to create surveys, collect, manage and upload data to storage facilities in real-time, have reduced the conventional challenges associated with remote data collection and M&E. This training course comes with additional M&E and GIS modules to help participants put the skills acquired into perspective. The GIS module will help participants to work with spatial data.
At the end of the course you should be able to;
• Gather data for project/programme outcomes to stakeholders using innovative Mobile data gathering tools.
• Become familiar with using ICT tools and methods to conduct data collection, statistical analysis, and reporting.
• M&E and Mobile data collection
• Introduction to common mobile-based data collection platforms
• Challenges of Mobile-Based Data Collection
• Data aggregation, storage, and dissemination
• Extended data types geoids, image and multimedia
• Design forms using a web interfaces
• Uploading the form to the mobile devices
• Advanced survey Authoring: XLSForms
• Hosting survey data: Cloud Hosting
• Hosting Survey Data: Local Server Hosting
• Configuring ODK Aggregate on a local server
• Working with Spatial data (GPS Coordinates)
This training is designed for participants who are reasonably proficient in English and have an understanding of basic ICT concepts.
This instructor-led training course is delivered using a blended learning approach, Discussion on the Choice of Platform, Integrating Mobile Data Collection tools into projects, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group ;
Updated on 13 February, 2018
Eligibility / Requirements
Interested parties who have met admission criteria.
About Datastat Research Center
Datastat Consultancy ltd is a capacity building institute, social research company specializing in Project management, Organizational development and Business Development. Datastat has a proven record for creating, developing, and inventing innovative and creative results tailored to unique, evolving industry-specific requirements.
More than a consulting and capacity building company, Datastat works with its clients before and long after their projects to ensure that their strategic business objectives and visions are met within our flexible and comprehensive strengths, which outlines the company’s competitive advantage.
Our principal values have positively influenced the personality of our firm, ultimately path the way we work and make decisions.
To be preferred capacity building institute for research , Training and market research services.
To empower our clients with relevant knowledge and skills, an attitude with embraced relationship
Enquire about this course
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.