- Location: Knowledge Village - Dubai
- Duration: 5 Days
Course detailsThis intensive 5-day training course introduces the fundamental chemistry of handling produced, connate and flooding water related issues. It includes but is not limited to, produced oily water treatment, scaling and corrosion monitoring and control, bacterial growth and well bore pore blockage issues.
Production of both conventional and unconventional fossil fuels by their nature, involves the creation and accumulation of large volumes of waste water that needs to be treated to an environmentally acceptable level before discharge into the environment. Flooding or injection water is also required to be of a certain quality, to prevent well bore pore blockage and or bacterial growth. However, the importance of proper water treatment is frequently underestimated due to the tremendous variation in the water sources available for use. Produced water on the other hand, contains oil, suspended solids and dissolved salts and its treatment therefore is mandatory before disposal. Good oil and water separation is consequently necessary not only for water injection/ reuse but also to reduce its quantity for disposal and for meeting the strict environmental discharge regulations.
This AZTech training course will enable participants to:
- Learn the chemistry and physics of well bore pore blockage, scaling, and corrosion
- Appreciate the biochemical effects of bacterial growth in flooding operations
- Understand the physics as well as the mechanics of proper oil and water separation
- Appreciate the importance of reusing produced/ formation water
- Learn practical techniques for produced water treatment and its management
- Appreciate from first principles the scaling process and understand the chemistry and thermodynamics of scaling
What are the Goals?
In this AZTech training course you will:
- Learn the details of the impact of effective oilfield water chemistry
- Understand the importance of proper water treatment
- Comprehend how to assess oilfield production liquid separation principles
- Understanding and resolve operational problems in process equipment
- Develop skills necessary to evaluate the technologies used in oil and water separation
- Gain hands on techniques with commercial scaling software and understand the chemistry behind it
About AZTech Training & Consultancy
We are banking on the vast experience we have accumulated over the years to provide our Clients with a competitive edge through the provision of quality assured training and skills development courses.
Our comprehensive portfolio of more than 500-skill building professional development courses and seminars cover a range of industry from Management, Technical to Strategy to Health, Safety & Security, we have it all from A-Z.